Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi A9 to be previewed at L.A. show with concept revealing new design language

Sources close to Audi are saying a new concept serving as an A9 preview will be introduced in November at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Rumored to take the shape of a four-door coupe, the concept will be more than five meters long and will be based on the MLB platform. It will provide a first glimpse of Audi's new design language implemented by the firm's design chief Marc Lichte who also worked on the Volkswagen Passat B8 so don't expect a major makeover.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114090880883/audi-a9-to-be-previewed-at-la-show-with-concept-revealing

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audi really needs to tone UP it's styling, so I hope the final product shares at least a mild aggressive look like the concept pics. Current Audi style is thinly attractive and has worn OK, but the competition has stepped it up. They too should do same.
true wings but I think that more interesting than this A9 would be something from Ford or Lincoln at LA :D

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Audi needs to invigorate with some new ideas the design of its vehicles. 1st, the style is the same for all cars, only the size is different. Audi needs to give some differences to each car and crossover. 2nd, the current design language is very old. The refreshes have been efective, but everything has its limits. Is time to see an Audi with some surprises in the style department.

Welcome the changes.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Audio designs are growing old, don't know if I'd say they have been passed by the comp tho. I will say the comp has caught up, but once you take into consideration that other than MB with the CLS, audi has been the most copied brand in the last ten years so it would make sense that the comp is now on the same level.

·
Registered
456 Posts
In terms of style, I would say the competition has surpassed them, not matched them. Audi needs new designs.
I could see why you would say that. But I will also say that while today's styling my be better, it isn't the kind of design that will stand the test of time. While Audis have been criticized lately for not taking risks and for being too stale, they're designs will look good in 10-15years while other Brand's vehicles will look like blobs, so its kinda a win lose for them. Also let's not underestimate nor forget to mention Audis influence on the ENTIRE automotive arena in the last 10years. The MAJOR draw back I see from the, currently is the same look different sausage styling they currently feature, and while the a9 may provide a new styling DIRECTION, I still don't think they will over brashful designs

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I could see why you would say that. But I will also say that while today's styling my be better, it isn't the kind of design that will stand the test of time. While Audis have been criticized lately for not taking risks and for being too stale, they're designs will look good in 10-15years while other Brand's vehicles will look like blobs, so its kinda a win lose for them. Also let's not underestimate nor forget to mention Audis influence on the ENTIRE automotive arena in the last 10years. The MAJOR draw back I see from the, currently is the same look different sausage styling they currently feature, and while the a9 may provide a new styling DIRECTION, I still don't think they will over brashful designs
Dds010, I started thinking, "once you go bauhaus, you never go back"
since (imho) some major Audi themes go back to 1930's Art Deco (at least)
then
I started thinking of one of my favorite rants about
How so many people buy (new) furniture that looks like it came from the 18th century

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Audi design is more sophisticated than most, certainly more technical and modern which gives them a distinctive industrial design edge where precision is key. BMW and Mercedes are following pretty familiar mass-market design patterns right now, molten over-sculpted sheet metal. I agree that the later is a trend that won't stand the test of time.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I fully expect the "next" design language for Audi has already been seen for the most part in the new TT. It's going to blend Audi's traditionally soft curves with some much harder edges in the details. It will be evolution, nothing to foreign.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Is this really a conversation about that the next Audi will look like......Really???

Just look at the entire lineup.

The A9 will look just like the A7.....just bigger.....and following BMWs Grand Coupe lead.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts