Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2009 Ford Fiesta on US soil - spy photos

KGP photographers are the first to have caught the 2009 Ford Fiesta testing on American soil. These shots give us, and many Europeans, our first look at the sub-Focus car that will be sold in both Europe and the U.S. As we learned back in March when Ford announced the new European Fiesta would also be sold in the U.S., the two cars will be virtually identical save for a little longer nose on the U.S. version to meet our own crash safety standards. Based on the same platform as the Mazda2, the new Fiesta will wear a more conventional look that will likely please the masses more than the Mazda's swoopy design. Though the camo does its best confuse the corneas, we can definitely make out pronounced wheel arches on the car, and a more typical set of rear taillamps that don't climb up the C-pillar like on the Focus. While rear overhang is virtually absent, the nose on this test mule does project far out in front of the lead wheels, which implies that Ford may be far along in making the design and engineering tweaks necessary to sell the Fiesta in the U.S.

for more and the spy pictures, CLICK HERE.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quite frankly the car in the spy pics looks much more like a Ka that a Fiesta. The total lack of rear overhang screams Ka. However the rear passenger compartment looks bigger than it would be in a Ka and the spy pic does excatly match the AutoExpress drawings of the new Ka (which accuracy isn't also confirmed). We would have to wait and see.

Or Autobild . . .

I guess that for now all we can do is wait, see and especulate on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's what they were saying in the comments, it's the Ka. Not sure
if it's the next gen though, some people thought it was an updated
version for Brazil. All I know is it's not a Fiesta. Speaking of fiesta-
is it going to be called that when it comes to the US?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I must join the masses who are clamoring in about this picture...this car can not be the new Fiesta! It is just too small and mi-proportioned to be the new US/European Spec Fiesta, especially when compared to the car it would replace. This must be a South American or other market Ford Ka replacement or something else.

Unless Ford is now thinking it wants to import an A-Class sized micro-car into the US Market. But I doubt they would go that route this quickly.

As Always...Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
per Bolita @ CSS
"This is the B402 - new Ka to be produced in the Sao Paulo plant in Brazil
It is based on the Ka's platform and will be available as a 3 door only initially.
It is meant to fit under the Fiesta in Ford Brazil line up to compete in Brazil's
largest segment - popular cars..."

sounds like he knows what he's talking about - used a program code# and all...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Is not the next Fiesta, is a Ka or Ka version for southamerica......for USA too?????????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts