Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GM matches Tundra's incentives

Toyota stole GM's thunder, but The General isn't going to let Toyota take its lunch money. The Japanese company is offering grand slam incentives for the '06 and '07 Tundras that include $3,000 and interest-free loans for five years. That kind of honey moved Tundras off dealer lots with a quickness, allowing the Tundra to improve its June 2007 sales by 146.3 percent over June 2006, with 21,727 trucks sold. GM didn't expect Toyota to be offering such a sweet deal on a truck that had an all-new version introduced this year, but Paul Ballew, GM's executive director of global market analysis said, "We're evaluating our options right now."

for more CLICK HERE.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is interesting about this note is that for the disastrous month of June and even with Toyota's incentives on the Tundra, the F-series sales remained practically unchanged with a decline of 0.5%.

·
Registered
764 Posts
What is interesting about this note is that for the disastrous month of June and even with Toyota's incentives on the Tundra, the F-series sales remained practically unchanged with a decline of 0.5%.
This was good news for me too. I thought with all these incentives from GM and Toyota for their trucks, Ford would have had a big decline in F-Series sales but it is holding its own against some tough competition.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was good news for me too. I thought with all these incentives from GM and Toyota for their trucks, Ford would have had a big decline in F-Series sales but it is holding its own against some tough competition.
Its clear that Ford has finally realized that they need to improve their product continuously, not with every refresh or redesign.

The F-150's onslaught of versions,features, changes and improvements has kept the line competitive, so even in a colder market and with a much fiercer competition than 4 years ago the decline hasn't been as steep as some people thought it would be. This is the result of the War Room tactics envisioned to confront the upcoming competitors from GM and Toyota about a year ago.

Now they need to blow Tundra and Silverado out of the water with the 2009 F-150. I have no doubt that will be the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts