Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Live from Dearborn: Driving the Lincoln MKR Concept

Ford took the wraps off of a trio of concept vehicles at this years Detroit Auto Show that went with the themes American Journey, American Muscle, American Beauty. The first two were represented by the Ford Airstream and Interceptor concepts while beauty took the form of the Lincoln MKR. Ford recently invited a group of journalists out to its Dearborn Development Center to sample the concepts and get a preview of some other technologies they are working on.

In general concept cars are usually far from complete vehicles, generally being built to show off design ideas rather than performance prowess. The MKR is no exception with Ford limiting our speeds on the ride loop to a mere 10-15 mph. The MKR, like the Interceptor, is built from a stretched S197 Mustang platform, in this case with an extra six inches between the wheels. The point of the MKR was to define a new coherent design language for Lincoln. Since the 1980s, Lincoln has been all over the place with no coherent image or direction. That is all about to change.

for more CLICK HERE

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Live from Dearborn: Driving the Lincoln MKR Concept

Ford took the wraps off of a trio of concept vehicles at this years Detroit Auto Show that went with the themes American Journey, American Muscle, American Beauty. The first two were represented by the Ford Airstream and Interceptor concepts while beauty took the form of the Lincoln MKR. Ford recently invited a group of journalists out to its Dearborn Development Center to sample the concepts and get a preview of some other technologies they are working on.

In general concept cars are usually far from complete vehicles, generally being built to show off design ideas rather than performance prowess. The MKR is no exception with Ford limiting our speeds on the ride loop to a mere 10-15 mph. The MKR, like the Interceptor, is built from a stretched S197 Mustang platform, in this case with an extra six inches between the wheels. The point of the MKR was to define a new coherent design language for Lincoln. Since the 1980s, Lincoln has been all over the place with no coherent image or direction. That is all about to change.

for more CLICK HERE
Lincoln needs to take the XF plartform and build this thing

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
That show car was only intended to be driven on stage. Nothing more. Why are they teasing us with a "test drive" headline as if they could reveal anything at all.

Mission accomplished though regarding concept styling. That was easily the best looking show car I have seen come out of Detroit in a long time.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
That show car was only intended to be driven on stage. Nothing more. Why are they teasing us with a "test drive" headline as if they could reveal anything at all.

Mission accomplished though regarding concept styling. That was easily the best looking show car I have seen come out of Detroit in a long time.
So true, the Greenhouse would have to be raised somewhat though in my opinion, if this ever makes it to production. It will probably end up being Lincoln's version of Velite, with Design cues going on more mainstream vehicles and we never seeing a final product

·
Registered
764 Posts
Beautiful car. The interior and front end look absolutely fantastic. Please Ford, give Lincoln this car or something very very similar!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Which one? the strikingly beautiful one on top or the square-roofed old one in the bottom?
SobeSVT, I know you are a Ford groupy, I am too, but, you got to admit, the Sixteen is a beutiful concept and that Lincoln has its DNA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts