Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/07/2013-lincoln-mkz-first-drive-review-video/

Seems like they liked some things but overall they still said it was like a Fusion, and mentioned the LS in their post

One thing I noticed in their shots was this one:

Look at the lower grille, that looks awful. I am sorry but it does, They were able to hide that adaptive cruise control in the lower grille of the MKS fine but on the MKZ it looks weird

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/07/2013-lincoln-mkz-first-drive-review-video/

Seems like they liked some things but overall they still said it was like a Fusion, and mentioned the LS in their post

Look at the lower grille, that looks awful. I am sorry but it does, They were able to hide that adaptive cruise control in the lower grille of the MKS fine but on the MKZ it looks weird
The latest reviews I've seen weren't very positive. Not good.

It does look bad along with the giant piece of plastic on the rear bumper. I can't stand plastic.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the MKS for comparison

·
Premium Member
6,473 Posts
I think the car looks great, but the lowe grille is awkward, lets hope Lincoln sells many of this cars so we can get a RWD!

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
By the way, the interior is cheap and I'm glad they mentioned the matte screen.

I still think the current design language needs to be dropped.

Imagine if Ford was still committed to the LS today.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, the interior is cheap and I'm glad they mentioned the matte screen.

I still think the current design language needs to be dropped.

Imagine if Ford was still committed to the LS today.
The MKS, MKT, MKX have great interiors imo. I would love if my LS had the MKS interior

I think the car looks great, but the lowe grille is awkward, lets hope Lincoln sells many of this cars so we can get a RWD!
I wouldn't hold your breath. I still don't think RWD is coming to Lincoln

·
Registered
628 Posts
(shaking head)

The two points that keep coming up, are still coming up:

1. The car hasn't distanced itself from its Ford roots enough, including the same gripes (MFT, rear headroom) as the Fusion.

2. Even reviewing a FWD/AWS Lincoln has the reviewer obviously wanting a RWD model.

I screamed this stuff from the rooftops for so long...I thought I was alone, I was wrong. Nope.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
The MKS, MKT, MKX have great interiors imo. I would love if my LS had the MKS interior
I agree, but I expected something just as nice as the concept's interior. It had more metals, leather, and wood. I didn't see as much plastic in it compared to the production.

The front end looked a lot higher quality as well.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
From the article:

"The sedan's primary competitors, according to Lincoln, include the Audi A6, BMW 5 Series, Cadillac CTS(...)"

That's news to me and if I recall correctly, Lincoln actually stated the opposite, NOT to aim at Caddy and/or the Germans.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

Its lower priced Fusion Titanium sibling has it too.

...but for some reason the one on the MKZ seems to stand out more.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Its lower priced Fusion Titanium sibling has it too.

...but for some reason the one on the MKZ seems to stand out more.
That has two reasons:

- The Fusion is the Fusion and therefore, a Ford - so it must look better - no matter what.
- On the Fusion, you focus on the ugly white thing behind the lower grille so the ACC-sensor doesn't bother that much.

Seriously, the bashing of the upcoming MKZ has gone so far that I can only laugh about how silly it has become. I wouldn't even notice the ACC and 9 out of 10 wouldn't, either..IF it wasn't on a Lincoln, right?:facepalm:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I had to lighten the Z to see the problem on my monitor:

the lopsided-ness is bad
&
the MKS's largely blocked off main grille, tho symmetrical, isn't any better imho:

btw
I saw a new Passat recently (assume it was new)
and what caught my eye and stopped me in my tracks was a small blocked off area at each side of the main grille (similar place to the Z's)
BUT
it was done in high-gloss piano black
& turned a "pimple" into a "beautymark"
cropped original from NetCarShow:

lightened the same amout as the Lincolns:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That has two reasons:

- The Fusion is the Fusion and therefore, a Ford - so it must look better - no matter what.
- On the Fusion, you focus on the ugly white thing behind the lower grille so the ACC-sensor doesn't bother that much.

Seriously, the bashing of the upcoming MKZ has gone so far that I can only laugh about how silly it has become. I wouldn't even notice the ACC and 9 out of 10 wouldn't, either..IF it wasn't on a Lincoln, right?:facepalm:
I just wish it was symmetrical like it is on the MKS. Having it uneven like that makes it look weird.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I just wish it was symmetrical like it is on the MKS. Having it uneven like that makes it look weird.
Sure, symmetrical would have been better - but it isn't any more symmetrical on the Fusion, right?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why is there so much hate for Lincoln around. I like the car. There are plenty of cars I very much dislike, but it would occur to me in a million years to go on a forum and post how ugly it is or whatever. What would be the pint and why would I waste 1 second of my time doing that if I didn't like the car? I don't get it.

by the way, standing in front of the car in person, you don't really notice the lower grill so much. I would have never noticed the offset if there wasn't a closeup posted here.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sure, symmetrical would have been better - but it isn't any more symmetrical on the Fusion, right?
I honestly didn't know the Fusion was like that too, and I don't like that either. Shame on Ford for doing that it looks silly

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I really liked the cars VW offered in the US in the past. In fact, my first car was a 2003 VW Jetta VR6. The only VW these days I would consider buying is the CC.

The Jetta, as it is offered in the US, is - IMO - an insult to the brand. The "top model" at almost $34K is coming with halogen-lights. What a joke!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Why is there so much hate for Lincoln around. I like the car. There are plenty of cars I very much dislike, but it would occur to me in a million years to go on a forum and post how ugly it is or whatever. What would be the pint and why would I waste 1 second of my time doing that if I didn't like the car? I don't get it.
Me neither. Basically everybody is saying how great the new Fusion is and as far as I know, the MKZ is offering everything the Fusion has and a lot more. Now all of a sudden, that "improved Fusion" turns into crap as soon as it carries the Lincoln-badge and even ACC-sensors that nobody noticed or cared about on the awesome Fusion turn into a huge issue on the Lincoln. And no, the Fusion isn't RWD-based, either..:facepalm:

I somehow get the feeling that many people bashing the Lincoln for being "a $15K more expensive gussied up Ford" don't like the MKZ because they might be short of that amount. Other than that, it makes no sense to me because I would prefer the car with the V6, the active suspension, the ventilated seats, the heated steering-wheel and rear-seats, the THX sound-system, the genuine wood, the power-trunk and the power rear-sunshade, the front LED (Fusion doesn't even have HID) and the massage-seats. Appearance is a matter of taste - features and performance, however, aren't.

I'm having a hard time taking MKZ-bashers seriously while they are praising the Fusion at the same time. IF you claim that the MKZ is a gussied up Fusion (which is complete BS in the first place), you have to admit that the MKZ is the better Fusion. By far...:lmao:

·
Registered
45 Posts
cars are very subjective. I dislike many models and think they are ugly that others love, but I agree with you on features. I love the feature set in the new mkz. I also think after driving one in person that it looks pretty good. If it didn't get 45 mpg, I might be looking elsewhere since that is important to me, but some of the comments you see responding to the reviews etc are just ridiculous. I'd like to see what those people are driving.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts