Ford Inside News banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
2 sources:

2020 Aviator will arrive summer/fall of 2019

Explorer (and Aviator) Job 1 is second quarter of next year.
Makes sense, as the Taurus ends production in March 2019, so I figure the plant will switch over soon after.

Now the question is at which auto show the production Aviator debut, as the Explorer needs to debut too still! And the new Escape, and the new MKC replacement, and the Bronco...2019 will be a busy show season!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Second half of 2019 sure will be interesting. This is also the time the new Grand Cherokee is scheduled to launch.

The Aviator is also #1 on my list to replace our MKZ and depending on a potential facelift/update of the Audi Q7, the Jeep could be the second vehicle in the garage if there won't be a Q7 facelift on time.

Timing is great because our leases expire February/April 2020.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I lost my post, so I am doing it again! When is the new 2020 Explorer going to be release to the public and when will it be at the dealerships?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I lost my post, so I am doing it again! When is the new 2020 Explorer going to be release to the public and when will it be at the dealerships?
I'm pretty sure I've already answered this question - indications are it'll be on sale next summer, and its debut could either be soon at its own event, or at one of the first shows.

With them throwing the PIU out there, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get its own even soon, which would also put it in line with Ford's year wait timeframe from showing a model to arrival at dealers.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Imagining an Aviator Coupe. Do you think they'll make something like that?

The idea is perfect. The execution is so so... the profile is too much sedan.. the roof needs to be higher and the rear hatch needs to be more vertical... but not too much.

If sedans disappears, this kind of vehicle will be necessary

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Looks good. I’ll probably be ordering one when the books open. Though I’d like to drive the PHEV and the regular EcoBoost back to back.

201 - 220 of 236 Posts