Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in my email this morning.

Hello Wings,
Black Label - the ultimate expression of the Lincoln brand - will launch next month in key luxury markets throughout the U.S. The Lincoln team is offering employees in Southeast Michigan an exclusive sneak preview of the collection on Tuesday, Oct. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at three Ford locations in Dearborn: World Headquarters, the Research and Innovation Center and iTek.
Employees at each venue will have an opportunity to experience at least three of the four Lincoln Black Label themes: Indulgence, Center Stage, Modern Heritage and Oasis. Subject matter experts from the Lincoln team will be on hand to provide information and answer questions.

• WHAT: Lincoln Black Label Employee Event
• WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
• WHERE: World Headquarters, Research and Innovation Center and iTek
Please join us for this special event.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Now I'm REALLY interested to see how this is going to be structured (can I select BL interior and keep regular exterior etc.) and - the most important part - how much it will cost.

If they don't go too crazy on pricing (keep it below $3K for the interior), I might consider it on my next ride (2016 MKZ?).

If they demand more than that, BL is dead on arrival.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Price is certainly key.
I expect big $$$$ far too rich for my cheap blood.
It won't be a $500-option for sure - but they have to keep in mind that the price-section they are in has certain limitations. Even a BL MKZ is still an MKZ so I'm having my doubts that there will be a market for a $5K-upcharge for BL. After all, that's what BMW and Mercedes charge for their individual and designo-programs - however, that is commonly sold on $100K-vehicles and even there, in VERY limited numbers..

Even as a Lincoln-fanatic, I don't know how a BL-program for more than $3K on a vehicle with a base-MSRP of $35K is supposed to work...:(

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It won't be a $500-option for sure - but they have to keep in mind that the price-section they are in has certain limitations. Even a BL MKZ is still an MKZ so I'm having my doubts that there will be a market for a $5K-upcharge for BL. After all, that's what BMW and Mercedes charge for their individual and designo-programs - however, that is commonly sold on $100K-vehicles and even there, in VERY limited numbers..

Even as a Lincoln-fanatic, I don't know how a BL-program for more than $3K on a vehicle with a base-MSRP of $35K is supposed to work...:(
A lot of thought hopefully goes into the decision. Typically it will come fairly loaded to begin with, along with different wheels, body colors, etc. So it is not a flat rate for adding suede.

We shall soon find out.
I will try to take pics.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
A lot of thought hopefully goes into the decision. Typically it will come fairly loaded to begin with, along with different wheels, body colors, etc. So it is not a flat rate for adding suede.

We shall soon find out.
I will try to take pics.
That will be interesting for sure - I can hardly wait...:clap:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Got this in my email this morning.

Hello Wings,
Black Label - the ultimate expression of the Lincoln brand - will launch next month in key luxury markets throughout the U.S. The Lincoln team is offering employees in Southeast Michigan an exclusive sneak preview of the collection on Tuesday, Oct. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at three Ford locations in Dearborn: World Headquarters, the Research and Innovation Center and iTek.
Employees at each venue will have an opportunity to experience at least three of the four Lincoln Black Label themes: Indulgence, Center Stage, Modern Heritage and Oasis. Subject matter experts from the Lincoln team will be on hand to provide information and answer questions.

• WHAT: Lincoln Black Label Employee Event
• WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
• WHERE: World Headquarters, Research and Innovation Center and iTek
Please join us for this special event.
That's cool that you got Lincoln to call you Wings as well!:lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
^ hahaha

^^ I hope they don't get crazy with the price.....I don't see a $60k or $70k MKZ as a nice way to have more sales

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oasis is a package like Indulgence, Center Stage and Modern Heritage.
Notorious is a new blue hue.

$46,450 Base MKZ
$46,925 Base MKC

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
$46,450 Base MKZ
$46,925 Base MKC
this suggests to me that [BL] might be a separate price-structure alongside the other trims,
Not treated as an add-on option/pkg
which
sounds like a good idea to me (& dunno why I didn't think of that)

also
iirc, the C is more expensive than the Z in China but not in the U.S.

am I remembering wrong or
could this be a temp situation with the current Z?
ie just until the Z's performance-mce?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I like the colors but IMHO they could make some exterior changes to future products so a BL model is more different (for example full body color in the MKC and not with the current black plastic at the bottom)

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
It looks like Black Label is a $10k premium on the MKZ

Lincoln Black Label Member Privileges
Owning a Lincoln Black Label vehicle is as luxurious as driving one. Here, we’ve outlined some of the service amenities exclusive to Black Label drivers that represent the very best of the Lincoln Motor Company.

- Premium Maintenance Plan
- Annual vehicle detailing
- Anytime car wash
- Remote service pickup and delivery

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It looks like Black Label is a $10k premium on the MKZ
On a fully loaded one, it turns out to be MUCH less.

I have to say I'm a happy camper. The way they set this up is very smart!

1 - 20 of 138 Posts