Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
sales numbers are a disappointment though
How so? Because it isn't out-selling the Camry? That won't happen for many years with any domestic.

Retail sales have been up over 100% each month this car has been out. Many of them are still selling at or near sticker price as well.

This is not an award, this is a recognition, an acknowledgment.
Oh, so make that 29 awards for the new Malibu since launch. ;)

And I would dispute that Sobe. Ever see one of these?

GM will get one for the Malibu. As does every manufacturer that has a "highest ranked" vehicle in JD Power.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
And I would dispute that Sobe. Ever see one of these?

GM will get one for the Malibu. As does every manufacturer that has a "highest ranked" vehicle in JD Power.
I guess it is a matter of semantics. I thought, but I may be wrong, that an award has a highly subjective component, like the Academy Awards for example, where a group of people vote on equally good actors, or movies or whatever. Same for the COTY Awards, where votes decide a winner among a group of nominees of finalists.

But these are the results of a study, which in my view has even more merits that a subjective vote, and will give Chevy even more bragging rights than if it was a simple award. The trophy though, is always good to have to show off on print and TV ads.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, I think GM and Ford are making a great comeback in the Sedan market. Remember Malibu sales are up, despite serious cuts to fleet sales

1 - 5 of 5 Posts