Ford Inside News banner

201 - 220 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The Bronco is one of the biggest mysteries in the automotive world today, we have absolutely no idea what it's going to look like. We can come up with everything from an Everest to a Wrangler as a possibility. I think it's safe to assume Bronco will not resemble the Everest at all and their target is the Wrangler since it's an unchallenged icon that keeps growing on a global scale. Ford has tremendous assets and brand heritage to pull from to answer it and I'm sure they've been thinking about it for decades. The Troller won't be the basis for it at all but it does give a hint at the flexibility of the T6 to accommodate something like a Jeep Wrangler design. I just hope that unlike the completely forgettable US Ranger reboot, Bronco has a good reason to exist next to such an outstanding competitor like the new Wrangler.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks good - except the Bronco will not look anything like an Everest.
There been several spyshots of the Everest driving around camouflage in Michigan. But nothing as of yet for a square retro shape Bronco size camouflage vehicle with a Ford emblem and the new Bronco is suppose to be coming out in late 2019 as a 2020 model. So, I think that the current Everest will be the new 2020 U.S. Bronco just like the current international Ranger design is next generation U.S. Ranger!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There been several spyshots of the Everest driving around camouflage in Michigan. But nothing as of yet for a square retro shape Bronco size camouflage vehicle with a Ford emblem and the new Bronco is suppose to be coming out in late 2019 as a 2020 model. So, I think that the current Everest will be the new 2020 U.S. Bronco just like the current international Ranger design is next generation U.S. Ranger!
Ford tests its entire corporate fleet in Dearborn, its presence really means nothing at all.

Ford has confirmed Bronco will share no design with the Everest. Bronco won't be here until the 2020 Calendar Year (Ranger won't be here until the 2019 CY as well).

Don't worry, you will never see anything that looks like an Everest in a US Ford dealership.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
...Don't worry, you will never see anything that looks like an Everest in a US Ford dealership.
I worry

I worry that LIKE THE RANGER, the Bronco will HAVE completely Unique front styling,
THAT LOOKS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM the ROTW VEHICLE (ie Everest)

Jpd80 @ BON said:
(Link) Hypothetical here as I have no proof to support but,
just imagine that Bronco builds upon what's been done with Ranger raptor in terms of chassis and suspension upgrades that watts link rear set up with outboard springs and shocks giving Bronco that real credibility as an off road performer that sets it completely apart form the run of the mill global ranger and Everest. That could be something truly unique and perfect for Ford to capture a big slice of that off road oriented buyer segment.

Here's a great article on development of the Ranger Raptor..... www.4x4australia.com.au/reviews/road-tests/1802/2019-ford-ranger-raptor-development-program

·
Registered
330 Posts
I’m not worried about the new Bronco being just an Everest, as the Everest is very soft in its looks, and even the current Explorer is trucky and more squared. I’m sure the next Explorer will follow suit in looking like an SUV and Ford knows they need to nail the new Bronco looks wise.

By the way in the 2015 UAW contract details Ford promised an additional model (Bronco) in that plant no later than 2020. So Bronco production should start in no more than 2.5 years...hopefully sooner though!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It's true Ford is getting back to an emphasis on substance over design so they spend less time upgrading the visuals as much as the internals, which means everything always looks older than it is at Ford. The Ranger is a good example of this. So it's possible Bronco will borrow things from the Ranger/Everest such as the interior but I don't think the exterior packaging and design will work at all for a Bronco. Ford essentially needs to approach this as a new Mustang, a cultural icon that only they can produce and sell while things like Ranger, Focus and Escape are just commodities that anybody can make. Ford is best when it can capitalize on things unique to their brand so Bronco has to be far more important to them than Ranger in particular which is mostly filling the cheap-seats for the F-150 (which is why I don't think we'll ever see a Ranger Raptor in the US).

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I worry

I worry that LIKE THE RANGER, the Bronco will HAVE completely Unique front styling,
THAT LOOKS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM the ROTW VEHICLE (ie Everest)
The US Ranger has a different pickup bed, a different front end with a unique reshaped aluminum hood, different fenders, and frame-mounted steel bumpers.
I can tell the difference between a US Ranger and a RoTW Ranger. It is a US version of a global T6 model, so it retains the same basic styling. Accept it.

The Bronco is a different case, it was designed to be a Bronco from the start.
Shared chassis does not mean the Bronco has to share body panels with existing models.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The US Ranger has a different pickup bed, a different front end with a unique reshaped aluminum hood, different fenders, and frame-mounted steel bumpers.
I can tell the difference between a US Ranger and a RoTW Ranger. It is a US version of a global T6 model, so it retains the same basic styling. Accept it.

The Bronco is a different case, it was designed to be a Bronco from the start.
Shared chassis does not mean the Bronco has to share body panels with existing models.

Ford tends to way overstate reality with technicalities. The US Ranger shares the same design with the ROTW Ranger if not the individual components. I don't think anybody who sees both Rangers side by side would ever say "Completely Unique" to describe the regional variation.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It's true Ford is getting back to an emphasis on substance over design so they spend less time upgrading the visuals as much as the internals, which means everything always looks older than it is at Ford. The Ranger is a good example of this. So it's possible Bronco will borrow things from the Ranger/Everest such as the interior but I don't think the exterior packaging and design will work at all for a Bronco. Ford essentially needs to approach this as a new Mustang, a cultural icon that only they can produce and sell while things like Ranger, Focus and Escape are just commodities that anybody can make. Ford is best when it can capitalize on things unique to their brand so Bronco has to be far more important to them than Ranger in particular which is mostly filling the cheap-seats for the F-150 (which is why I don't think we'll ever see a Ranger Raptor in the US).
You think Ford would go through the effort of launching a completely unique new Bronco, just to put Ranger's interior into it?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The Expedition says hello.
I thought about that. But Expedition at least has a history of sharing the interior with the F-150 (the first gen, which also shared front ends), whether I think it should've had its' own dash or not.

Bronco is a completely separate entity from Everest/Ranger, and Ranger already has a model (Everest) using its' interior. For Bronco to ALSO use that interior would be terrible.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I thought about that. But Expedition at least has a history of sharing the interior with the F-150 (the first gen, which also shared front ends), whether I think it should've had its' own dash or not.

Bronco is a completely separate entity from Everest/Ranger, and Ranger already has a model (Everest) using its' interior. For Bronco to ALSO use that interior would be terrible.
The original Bronco was its own product. The second generation used F150 underpinnings and interior. The Bronco II used Ranger underpinnings and interior. I will be surprised if in Ford's current cost cutting environment they don't use the Ranger interior on the Bronco.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

The Expedition shared the F-150 interior only in its first generation when it was basically a F-150 with an enclosed bed, once the F-Series and Expedition went in different engineering and design directions they split up completely in 2003. But now we are back to sharing that old F-150 dashboard which clashes big time with the rest of the vehicle and is just not attractive for this segment and pricing. I don't understand why Ford spends so little on interior upgrades, even when it comes to an all-new vehicle (Expedition) they recycle a 4 year old dashboard. Not to mention none of the MCEs have made any upgrades since Mullally was still CEO. That's spreading to Lincoln now, despite a major exterior refresh and name change, Nautilus barely touched the interior which has long been a sore point since the car came out.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The Expedition says hello.
If the new Bronco will be inspired by the gen 1 Bronco (boxy and retro-futuristic), it will most likely get its own dashboard but with some shared switchgear/components.

Based on what @wingsnut said about the boxy studies, I'm expecting it to look like something somewhere between a Wrangler Unlimited and a Hummer H3.

The Expedition and F-series are not modern style icons in the same level as the S197-onwards Mustang. I feel that Ford wants the Bronco to be like a Mustang, Wrangler, or Benz G-wagen.

201 - 220 of 638 Posts