Ford Inside News banner

321 - 340 of 678 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bronco looks different:

But the Baby Bronco on the teaser looks different too. It looks like they changed the design of the Baby Bronco a bit since that teaser (look at the headlights area).

Btw Baby Bronco's profile reminds me a bit of Maveric/Escape's one.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Is the baby Bronco going to be RWD?

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
I am really glad that full Bronco is BOF, while baby is not. Baby reminds me a bit of the Jeep Renegade, a vehicle I rented for 3 weeks in a very mountainous country (Greece). I suspect Ford’s version competes directly with it, and should be just as capable off-road, which translated means, adequate for most. Bronco will be quite capable, and no doubt will be directly compared to Wrangler, and will do doubt fall a bit short in some off-road comparisons. But I guarantee you the Bronco will not fall short where it is driven 99% of the time – pavement.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I am really glad that full Bronco is BOF, while baby is not. Baby reminds me a bit of the Jeep Renegade, a vehicle I rented for 3 weeks in a very mountainous country (Greece). I suspect Ford’s version competes directly with it, and should be just as capable off-road, which translated means, adequate for most.
Styling might be more Renegade-like but I assume its size is closer to the Jeep Compass or slightly bigger since this is Focus-based.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Baby Bronco is Focus-based, so FWD platform.

I'm wondering if its AWD system will have Ford's Technology Terrain Management System.

Ok wasn't sure. It could have 4x4 like the Escape does.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
The car looks very good. Rugged, capable, modern but with some retro flavor. If Ford sell it in Europe, will be a great succes here.

About the “pic leaked”, I suspect this picture come from the Ford’s marketing office. Ford needs the customers talk about the new cars to come. Ford is very careful keeping a secret. This is not a casual mistake... This and the double Automobile Magazine’s reviews of the Lincoln flagships, will keep the people talking about Ford and Lincoln for a while

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
This thing will sell like hotcakes.

It has the same rugged look as the 1st gen Escape with Bronco styling cues.
It has changed quite a bit from what they showed employees. Agreed, it will sell quite well. And alongside the Bronco, which looks much better yet, I hope they steal back customers that Jeep has taken from Ford.

321 - 340 of 678 Posts