Ford Inside News banner

421 - 440 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I talked my millennial niece into buying an Escape 2 years ago. Although she likes it, her preference is Jeep. Why? Becasue all her friends drive them, and she is very influenced by them. Her lease is up soon, so she wants to get a Renegade. I tried to tell her to wait a little longer for the baby Bronco, but she said she's not waiting for something she hasn't seen, driven or even when it will be available.

Supposedly the baby Bronco is 6 months behind the new Escape, so why haven't we seen it? Had my niece actually seen a production photo of it, she may have changed her mind. Now that she has gone to the dark side, I don't see her ever switching back to Ford unless all her friends start buying Bronco's.
That’s Ford’s hugest challenge...we’ve seen this pattern before:

Ford had a strong grip in the sedan segment, till the products started to age or they were crap and people left....

We are seeing the same issue happening again, exact same pattern...sales are leaving and new products likely will not bring them back.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts

Ford had a strong grip in the sedan segment, till the products started to age or they were crap and people left....

We are seeing the same issue happening again, exact same pattern...sales are leaving and new products likely will not bring them back.
You sir are a ****ing idiot troll.

Any thoughts about how the REST OF THE INDUSTRY also shifted away from cars?

****ing moron

·
Registered
306 Posts

****ing moron
OMG!! The industry shifted away from cars?!

Let’s tell that to Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, BMW, Mercedes, etc etc....they must have forgotten to stop making all sedans, wagons and hatchbacks!

·
Registered
306 Posts

****ing moron
And if these kind of numbers are not scaring the crap out of Ford....they should....

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts

****ing moron
And if these kind of numbers are not scaring the crap out of Ford....they should....
...the definitely need fresher product right now. The Bronco and Baby Bronco should do well, but Ford has to get them out there. I’m still waiting to see the Mach E, as well. I dont have a problem with them killing cars. No use spending money on new platforms that won’t be competitive with EVs. Tying up with VW/MEB is smart for both companies. Saves Ford an assload in development costs. Rivian investment was also smart. Hopefully Ford is busy cramming a next gen Navigator body on top of the Rivian skateboard. It would really put the hurt on GM who is probably years away from a potential answer, not to mention BMW X7/M-B GLS, etc.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry if I used the F word as I called out your constant trolling, and your feelings were hurt.
Please know however, that I will continue to do so, every time you feel the need to repeat the same old tired cliched trolling, thread after thread. Every ****ing time,

That's me chilling, btw.
We all know here you work for Ford, but you have to learn to think critically and strategically - right now these are 2 things missing from Ford.

It’s like you are losing the game an start yelling at the opponents because you can’t get your stuff together.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
...the definitely need fresher product right now. The Bronco and Baby Bronco should do well, but Ford has to get them out there. I’m still waiting to see the Mach E, as well. I dont have a problem with them killing cars. No use spending money on new platforms that won’t be competitive with EVs. Tying up with VW/MEB is smart for both companies. Saves Ford an assload in development costs. Rivian investment was also smart. Hopefully Ford is busy cramming a next gen Navigator body on top of the Rivian skateboard. It would really put the hurt on GM who is probably years away from a potential answer, not to mention BMW X7/M-B GLS, etc.
Ford has fresher product and has it right now. Explorer and Escape launches have already happened. These are high margin, high volume products. Bronco and mini will help of course, mostly filling sales voids vacated by sedans leaving in a year or so. And hybrids every where you look, including Mustang and F150. Both also big sellers too. And all new F150 next year. And Lincoln will have Corsair in place soon, along with Aviator, will be quite the lineup. And of course Ford/ Lincoln are expanding into BEV and they certainly have decades of experience to learn from, far more than recent star-ups. But it has to be carefully approached. Currently there is only money to be lost, so they need to approach it with long term sustainability first and foremost, and then at the proper cadence. Where this goes in 5-10 years is anyone's guess, but having a contingency plan in hybrids throughout, will help with the transition.

As far as Hellboi and his trolling, there is no point in pretending to have dialogue with him. These are all conversations he as seen many times before, from me and others, but he is incapable of having real dialogue. He can only troll. That much I know. **** him.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ford has fresher product and has it right now. Explorer and Escape launches have already happened. These are high margin, high volume products. Bronco and mini will help of course, mostly filling sales voids vacated by sedans leaving in a year or so. And hybrids every where you look, including Mustang and F150. Both also big sellers too. And all new F150 next year. And Lincoln will have Corsair in place soon, along with Aviator, will be quite the lineup. And of course Ford/ Lincoln are expanding into BEV and they certainly have decades of experience to learn from, far more than recent star-ups. But it has to be carefully approached. Currently there is only money to be lost, so they need to approach it with long term sustainability first and foremost, and then at the proper cadence. Where this goes in 5-10 years is anyone's guess, but having a contingency plan in hybrids throughout, will help with the transition.

As far as Hellboi and his trolling, there is no point in pretending to have dialogue with him. These are all conversations he as seen many times before, from me and others, but he is incapable of having real dialogue. He can only troll. That much I know. **** him.
...they will shortly, but right now all that stuff is awaiting real availability. Wanted to look at an Aviator today while I was out, but there aren’t any anywhere. Escape is still a ways off. New HD and that 7.3...soon. And that is essentially where Ford is right now...soon. And that’s ok, like I’ve said before, they’re headed in the right direction, just not exactly there yet.

This time next year Ford should be rolling.

·
Registered
306 Posts

If I am trolling then answer me this:

I walked a few months ago into a Ford dealer with the intent to replace my leased 17 Escape...I wanted a PHEV with AWD but was open to a well priced gas or hybrid as well.

Did Ford have something to sell me?! Nope they only had the same Escape....no changes....same Explorer (which I’ve had 2)...a Edge that looked slightly different but had the same interior I had in my 2011 Ford Taurus!!!

So yeah...your fresher product isn’t here right now, it’s still coming....

So here’s the question...if I went to the dealer today to buy a PHEV Escape, could I? Or even a hybrid Escape or Explorer? Or EVEN a gas one?

The only competition that is going down the same hole as Ford is Nissan....

·
Registered
10,912 Posts

I walked a few months ago into a Ford dealer with the intent to replace my leased 17 Escape...I wanted a PHEV with AWD but was open to a well priced gas or hybrid as well.

Did Ford have something to sell me?! Nope they only had the same Escape....no changes....same Explorer (which I’ve had 2)...a Edge that looked slightly different but had the same interior I had in my 2011 Ford Taurus!!!

So here’s the question...if I went to the dealer today to buy a PHEV Escape, could I? Or even a hybrid Escape or Explorer? Or EVEN a gas one?

Both Explorer and Escape are available in about 2 months time. Boo ****ing hoo, does that give you the right or better yet justification to trash and troll Ford nonstop? These are not just re-skins, but radically different products, that include hybrids and PHEV. Grow up troll, we see through your ****ing excuses to bash Ford. Who the **** does that anyway.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Both Explorer and Escape are available in about 2 months time. Boo ****ing hoo, does that give you the right or better yet justification to trash and troll Ford nonstop? These are not just re-skins, but radically different products, that include hybrids and PHEV. Grow up troll, we see through your ****ing excuses to bash Ford. Who the **** does that anyway.
So wait...then I CANT!!! And will still have to wait 2 months?!

See BOOM! Ford sales is down because of people like me, we shopped Ford, we wanted to stay but there was nothing to see beyond the F150 (which I bought one) and went right into the competition to find a replacement.

I am not trashing Ford...where did you read that? In fact I still have 2 in my garage, so I am helping pay for you salary.

I am stating facts and looking at what’s happening....sales are significantly down, I don’t see enough movement to help save any of that....all I hear is vapourware...I suspect my C-Max will get replaced with a Prius Prime or RAV4 hybrid because the Escape PHEV is AGAIN not here soon enough.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts

See BOOM! Ford sales is down because of people like me, we shopped Ford, we wanted to stay but there was nothing to see beyond the F150 (which I bought one) and went right into the competition to find a replacement.

I am not trashing Ford...where did you read that? In fact I still have 2 in my garage, so I am helping pay for you salary.

I am stating facts and looking at what’s happening....sales are significantly down, I don’t see enough movement to help save any of that....all I hear is vapourware...I suspect my C-Max will get replaced with a Prius Prime or RAV4 hybrid because the Escape PHEV is AGAIN not here soon enough.
You are a fraud and a troll.
Since about March of this year every one of your posts complains about Explorer and Escape, being too expensive or not enough fuel economy or horrible interior or sales or whatever and now of course, it does not fit your timing. Quite literally in fact, that is all you have posted about. Even in completely unrelated threads, such as this one about Bronco. Your nonstop trolling knows no limitations. And repeatedly, you remind us about better products available. LMFAO, do us all a favor, and buy something other than Ford, and **** off while you are at it.

·
Registered
306 Posts

You are a fraud and a troll.
Since about March of this year every one of your posts complains about Explorer and Escape, being too expensive or not enough fuel economy or horrible interior or sales or whatever and now of course, it does not fit your timing. Quite literally in fact, that is all you have posted about. Even in completely unrelated threads, such as this one about Bronco. Your nonstop trolling knows no limitations. And repeatedly, you remind us about better products available. LMFAO, do us all a favor, and buy something other than Ford, and **** off while you are at it.
Hard to argue with logic, I know I know...you are clearly displaying your low level of intellect - no wonder Ford is where it is....hopefully Jim is doing a good clean up and bringing only bright people to lead and build cars.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

Ford need fresher products rigth now? It's possible that you were off planet earth for a while.... so , let me inform you what are fresh at Ford dealers (and Lincoln dealers too):

New Ford Explorer: arriving at dealers now
New Explorer hybrid: arriving at dealers in some weeks
New Escape: arriving at dealers rigth now
New hybrid Escape: arriving at dealers in some weeks
New pulg-in hybrid Escape: arriving at dealers before summer 2020
New Lincoln Aviator: arriving at dealers rigth now
New plug-in hybrid Lincoln Aviator: arriving at dealers before the end of the year
New Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500: arriving at dealers rigth now

:grin2:

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
...they will shortly, but right now all that stuff is awaiting real availability. Wanted to look at an Aviator today while I was out, but there aren’t any anywhere. Escape is still a ways off. New HD and that 7.3...soon. And that is essentially where Ford is right now...soon. And that’s ok, like I’ve said before, they’re headed in the right direction, just not exactly there yet.

This time next year Ford should be rolling.

You want an Aviator today? Oh.... Today for today? Is a pity. Maybe if you have a headache, a pharmacy will sell you an aspirine today. But if you want an Aviator today because today you woke up wanting to drive a new Aviator, it is possible that, as in almost all cases, buying it takes more than a day. Maybe (horror!) until you have to ask the factory according to your specifications, which may delay delivery some months. But of course, that happens only with Ford and Linconl.

>:)

P.S .: I already ordered to manufacture my new Mercedes-Benz A-180, in red jupiter (red had to be!) with all the technology available for this car. They will deliver it to me already in the autumn (end of October). And, when i went to the dealer to buy the car, there are no one A-Class there. Of course, now we can see and configurate the cars in internet... So.... :angel

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

Oh my dear Hellboy (can I call you "my dear", rigth?)... I understand you! Two weeks ago I went to my Mercedes-Benz dealer and I said to them that I want to buy a new EQA (the next A-Class size EV) for this autumm.... and can you believe me that this car is not available yet? OMG.... The world is going to end! How is it possible that one can not buy a car that is not yet available at dealers because they are in the design and test period? How is this possible? I wanted to die ... really, my dear hellBoy . Imagine that I had to settle for a car that was already designed, tested and launched on the market ... a simple A-180.

Life is very hard ...

:crying2:

·
Registered
83 Posts

At least the Escape will have PHEV........RAV4 doesn't!

421 - 440 of 637 Posts