Ford Inside News banner

441 - 460 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
...they will shortly, but right now all that stuff is awaiting real availability. Wanted to look at an Aviator today while I was out, but there aren’t any anywhere. Escape is still a ways off. New HD and that 7.3...soon. And that is essentially where Ford is right now...soon. And that’s ok, like I’ve said before, they’re headed in the right direction, just not exactly there yet.

This time next year Ford should be rolling.

You want an Aviator today? Oh.... Today for today? Is a pity. Maybe if you have a headache, a pharmacy will sell you an aspirine today. But if you want an Aviator today because today you woke up wanting to drive a new Aviator, it is possible that, as in almost all cases, buying it takes more than a day. Maybe (horror!) until you have to ask the factory according to your specifications, which may delay delivery some months. But of course, that happens only with Ford and Linconl.

/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png

P.S .: I already ordered to manufacture my new Mercedes-Benz A-180, in red jupiter (red had to be!) with all the technology available for this car. They will deliver it to me already in the autumn (end of October). And, when i went to the dealer to buy the car, there are no one A-Class there. Of course, now we can see and configurate the cars in internet... So....
..I’m not ordering a $100k vehicle without seeing one. Maybe buying a $25k hatch is OK to order online, but there are an awful lot of cars available at $100k, and I’d like to know something about how they drive before I plunk down any cash on one. I know, crazy.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
If I am trolling then answer me this:

I walked a few months ago into a Ford dealer with the intent to replace my leased 17 Escape...I wanted a PHEV with AWD but was open to a well priced gas or hybrid as well.

Did Ford have something to sell me?! Nope they only had the same Escape....no changes....same Explorer (which I’ve had 2)...a Edge that looked slightly different but had the same interior I had in my 2011 Ford Taurus!!!

So yeah...your fresher product isn’t here right now, it’s still coming....

So here’s the question...if I went to the dealer today to buy a PHEV Escape, could I? Or even a hybrid Escape or Explorer? Or EVEN a gas one?

The only competition that is going down the same hole as Ford is Nissan....
So your complaint is Ford doesn't have what you want at that time - which you know/knew the products weren't out yet - when the new products you do want are to arrive within a month or two of your visit?

So wait...then I CANT!!! And will still have to wait 2 months?!

See BOOM! Ford sales is down because of people like me, we shopped Ford, we wanted to stay but there was nothing to see beyond the F150 (which I bought one) and went right into the competition to find a replacement.

I am not trashing Ford...where did you read that? In fact I still have 2 in my garage, so I am helping pay for you salary.

I am stating facts and looking at what’s happening....sales are significantly down, I don’t see enough movement to help save any of that....all I hear is vapourware...I suspect my C-Max will get replaced with a Prius Prime or RAV4 hybrid because the Escape PHEV is AGAIN not here soon enough.
I'm just not understanding. The product you want is coming soon - and you know it's coming soon - yet you absolutely cannot wait a few months?

I understand the "regular" consumer having no idea and walking into a dealer and it being the same models (upon which, dealership personnel could inform them a new model will be there in a few weeks).

But you follow things on the forums here, and know when the new vehicles are arriving (Ford itself said some new Explorers were sold in June, so it's arriving as we speak), yet are still arguing that new product is nowhere to be found and never coming?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
..I’m not ordering a $100k vehicle without seeing one. Maybe buying a $25k hatch is OK to order online, but there are an awful lot of cars available at $100k, and I’d like to know something about how they drive before I plunk down any cash on one. I know, crazy.

25K Hatch? I´m not buying a Fiesta. And if you want to test drive a car, you always can ask your dealer for that.

·
Registered
543 Posts

25K Hatch? I´m not buying a Fiesta. And if you want to test drive a car, you always can ask your dealer for that.
...that’s the point, there aren’t any to test drive. So, who in their right mind orders a $100k car without test driving it?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
...that’s the point, there aren’t any to test drive. So, who in their right mind orders a $100k car without test driving it?
Plenty of people order high end cars without driving them.

I'd like to drive a vehicle first as well. Usually, you can order one and only take it if you like it, if you drive it and don't you don't have to take it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If I am trolling then answer me this:

I walked a few months ago into a Ford dealer with the intent to replace my leased 17 Escape...I wanted a PHEV with AWD but was open to a well priced gas or hybrid as well.

Did Ford have something to sell me?! Nope they only had the same Escape....no changes....same Explorer (which I’ve had 2)...a Edge that looked slightly different but had the same interior I had in my 2011 Ford Taurus!!!

So yeah...your fresher product isn’t here right now, it’s still coming....

So here’s the question...if I went to the dealer today to buy a PHEV Escape, could I? Or even a hybrid Escape or Explorer? Or EVEN a gas one?

The only competition that is going down the same hole as Ford is Nissan....
So your complaint is Ford doesn't have what you want at that time - which you know/knew the products weren't out yet - when the new products you do want are to arrive within a month or two of your visit?

So wait...then I CANT!!! And will still have to wait 2 months?!

See BOOM! Ford sales is down because of people like me, we shopped Ford, we wanted to stay but there was nothing to see beyond the F150 (which I bought one) and went right into the competition to find a replacement.

I am not trashing Ford...where did you read that? In fact I still have 2 in my garage, so I am helping pay for you salary.

I am stating facts and looking at what’s happening....sales are significantly down, I don’t see enough movement to help save any of that....all I hear is vapourware...I suspect my C-Max will get replaced with a Prius Prime or RAV4 hybrid because the Escape PHEV is AGAIN not here soon enough.
I'm just not understanding. The product you want is coming soon - and you know it's coming soon - yet you absolutely cannot wait a few months?

I understand the "regular" consumer having no idea and walking into a dealer and it being the same models (upon which, dealership personnel could inform them a new model will be there in a few weeks).

But you follow things on the forums here, and know when the new vehicles are arriving (Ford itself said some new Explorers were sold in June, so it's arriving as we speak), yet are still arguing that new product is nowhere to be found and never coming?
Hey I tried to wait by getting a lease extension but Ford said they could only do a 6 months...not enough time to get a 2020 Escape, neither a PHEV, neither an Explorer hybrid.... So it’s an actual real scenario of a regular customer looking to buy a new car 😉

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hey I tried to wait by getting a lease extension but Ford said they could only do a 6 months...not enough time to get a 2020 Escape, neither a PHEV, neither an Explorer hybrid.... So it’s an actual real scenario of a regular customer looking to buy a new car 😉
Well, at that point, there WILL be regular (ICE only power) new Escapes and Explorers on the lot, which was also your complaint.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

Oh.... I get it. The same occured with me at the Mercedes-Benz dealer when I asked them for the EQA...
They said to me that the vehicle was in the development and launching process.

>:)

P.S.: Sarcasm. I hope you know what it mean.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Plenty of people order high end cars without driving them.

I'd like to drive a vehicle first as well. Usually, you can order one and only take it if you like it, if you drive it and don't you don't have to take it.
...what I asked, you didn’t answer. Plenty of people may do it, that doesn’t necessarily make them in their right mind. If you’re replacing one 911 with another, then, sure. When it is an all new vehicle on an all new platform with an all new hybrid drivetrain, I’m going to need a little more up close and personal time.

·
Registered
543 Posts
...but, they’ll be here soon. So, real life doesn’t count.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
...what I asked, you didn’t answer. Plenty of people may do it, that doesn’t necessarily make them in their right mind. If you’re replacing one 911 with another, then, sure. When it is an all new vehicle on an all new platform with an all new hybrid drivetrain, I’m going to need a little more up close and personal time.
Ok? And I pointed out that you can likely order one the way you'd like it, it comes in and then you can get some time with the one you built to your specs exactly. If you then decide you don't like it, you don't have to take it; if you do like it, it's the exact one you want the way you built it and you're happy/don't have to wait to order one.

Plus, you can also attend your local auto show (whenever that may be), which would at the very least have one to sit in and kick the tires. I get that it's not driving it, but it'll at least give you an idea of whether it's something you want to even pursue or not.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Is me or hellboy is ignoring me?

The troll was muted because I talk him with beauty languaje and love?

Please, hellboy, dont do that! I will suffer a lot!

:crying2:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Anyway, back to Bronco....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ok? And I pointed out that you can likely order one the way you'd like it, it comes in and then you can get some time with the one you built to your specs exactly. If you then decide you don't like it, you don't have to take it; if you do like it, it's the exact one you want the way you built it and you're happy/don't have to wait to order one.

Plus, you can also attend your local auto show (whenever that may be), which would at the very least have one to sit in and kick the tires. I get that it's not driving it, but it'll at least give you an idea of whether it's something you want to even pursue or not.
...look, I don’t care. At all. My only point is that they ARE NOT HERE! Quit pretending that they’re available. They aren’t. As I said before, new stuff will be here soon...but it isn’t here, no matter how much people want to argue against reality. You can’t look at one, drive one, touch one. Same for the Escape, updated HDs, Mach E, Bronco, Baby Bronco, or Corsair. I’m sure they’ll all be great when they do get here, but they are not available, despite claims to the contrary. It isn’t even an argument. They simply can’t be seen, touched, driven or other. Christmas Christ on a Cracker...this is a stupid non-argument.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
...look, I don’t care. At all. My only point is that they ARE NOT HERE! Quit pretending that they’re available. They aren’t. As I said before, new stuff will be here soon...but it isn’t here, no matter how much people want to argue against reality. You can’t look at one, drive one, touch one. Same for the Escape, updated HDs, Mach E, Bronco, Baby Bronco, or Corsair. I’m sure they’ll all be great when they do get here, but they are not available, despite claims to the contrary. It isn’t even an argument. They simply can’t be seen, touched, driven or other. Christmas Christ on a Cracker...this is a stupid non-argument.
Why are you going crazy? I was trying to provide an alternative/option to your specific Aviator comment about the quickest way to get what you might want for an Aviator. Guess I won't help out. Good luck!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is me or hellboy is ignoring me?

The troll was muted because I talk him with beauty languaje and love?

Please, hellboy, dont do that! I will suffer a lot!

/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_crying.png
I am not babe! I still love you very much 🙂

I am really just being critical of time here overall...and while you are saying I can get one right now, it’s too late for me. I am coming up against the same issue with the CMax...lease is due in Dec 2019, will I be able to replace it with a PHEV Escape?! 😞

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What has happened here, has happened everywhere really. Far too many social media sites to visit, where people budget their time. Once upon a time, when there was no social media, we used these forums for many purposes, including to learn and entertain.
I think this one is worse. There are about 3 people that always seem to fight in nearly every post thats on here, hence why a rarely make any new posts any more as whats the point. This and Facebook and literally the only sites Ive ever had to take a break from. Just Im not as smart as 2b2 and I come back.

441 - 460 of 638 Posts