Ford Inside News banner

461 - 480 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
What has happened here, has happened everywhere really. Far too many social media sites to visit, where people budget their time. Once upon a time, when there was no social media, we used these forums for many purposes, including to learn and entertain.
I'm a member of several other forums (automotive and non-automotive), and this has easily become one of the slowest; several others I frequent are still quite busy even if they're not what they used to be.

Members that used to have inside info and post tidbits and breadcrumbs have left, and there's only a few "regular" members left, some of whom rehash the same points in every single thread, which results in the same discussions/arguments in every topic, which drives everyone else away.

I didn't even bother creating a Ford Q2/June sales thread because I knew it'd get like 3 replies. I did post my chart in a thread someone posted, but only because I already had it created.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm a member of several other forums (automotive and non-automotive), and this has easily become one of the slowest; several others I frequent are still quite busy even if they're not what they used to be.

Members that used to have inside info and post tidbits and breadcrumbs have left, and there's only a few "regular" members left, some of whom rehash the same points in every single thread, which results in the same discussions/arguments in every topic, which drives everyone else away.

I didn't even bother creating a Ford Q2/June sales thread because I knew it'd get like 3 replies. I did post my chart in a thread someone posted, but only because I already had it created.
Sadly, I have noticed the same thing :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
I don’t know. GMI is empty. BON is super slow. The only places that get regular commenting are news sites with comment sections, like LLN, Jalopnik, and to a lesser extent Autoblog, because their commenting system sucks. Add to that focused sites like InsideEV, Teslarati, Elecktrek, etc. and then subreddits on top, it just pulls a lot of fans away from the old forums.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I don’t know. GMI is empty. BON is super slow. The only places that get regular commenting are news sites with comment sections, like LLN, Jalopnik, and to a lesser extent Autoblog, because their commenting system sucks. Add to that focused sites like InsideEV, Teslarati, Elecktrek, etc. and then subreddits on top, it just pulls a lot of fans away from the old forums.
GMI and BON are far busier than here. They're not as busy as they used to be, for sure, but definitely busier than here. Some days this place is lucky to have one thread have a new post or two the whole day.

·
Registered
543 Posts
GMI and BON are far busier than here. They're not as busy as they used to be, for sure, but definitely busier than here. Some days this place is lucky to have one thread have a new post or two the whole day.
...we’ve been over this. Part of it is F’s complete lack of shipping product. We have the Camar...err, I mean Bronco, which might be introduced one day, to keep the only thread that is active going. We could have one on the new HD, but no info at all. Aviator GT details?!?!? No. Corsair!? Nada. GT500?!?!?!? Still waiting. I know! Mach E!?!? Don’t even know its name yet, much less even have any spy shots or leaked info. Ford is a black hole of information. I guess we could come in here and gab about our favorite nail polish color...

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
...we’ve been over this. Part of it is F’s complete lack of shipping product. We have the Camar...err, I mean Bronco, which might be introduced one day, to keep the only thread that is active going. We could have one on the new HD, but no info at all. Aviator GT details?!?!? No. Corsair!? Nada. GT500?!?!?!? Still waiting. I know! Mach E!?!? Don’t even know its name yet, much less even have any spy shots or leaked info. Ford is a black hole of information. I guess we could come in here and gab about our favorite nail polish color...
BOF is far busier than here with the same "no information." It really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ford and other carmakers have gotten far better at disguising prototypes in recent years. It's kind of a shame, because early glimpses of upcoming models used to be my favorite part of any given magazine/site.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Ford wants to take on Jeep.
Its upcoming Bronco and baby Bronco would be a good start. The problem, Jeeps are sold globally, Ford's "interesting" upcoming SUVs won't be.

The Bronco will be limited to North America and Middle East/ Africa.

The Small rugged SUV (baby Bronco) will be limited for North America and South America.

The cool Puma? Only for Europe.

This is a big missed opportunity for Ford because all the potential rivals for its new models are sold globally.

Source: https://www.motor1.com/news/361697/ford-bronco-europe-avaiability/amp/

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Ford wants to take on Jeep.
Its upcoming Bronco and baby Bronco would be a good start. The problem, Jeeps are sold globally, Ford's "interesting" upcoming SUVs won't be.

The Bronco will be limited to North America and Middle East/ Africa.

The Small rugged SUV (baby Bronco) will be limited for North America and South America.

The cool Puma? Only for Europe.

This is a big missed opportunity for Ford because all the potential rivals for its new models are sold globally.

Source: https://www.motor1.com/news/361697/ford-bronco-europe-avaiability/amp/

I can´t understand why the baby Bronco, that is a version of the new Escape/Kuga is not for Europe. The Kuga is builded here, in Spain. It is too difficult to make another vehicle with a different top hat over the same architecture?
And the Bronco? Is based on the current Ranger truck platform, builded in Europe, too. So, Why not?

Some times, is difficult to understand the Ford ´s management decisions ...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I can´t understand why the baby Bronco, that is a version of the new Escape/Kuga is not for Europe. The Kuga is builded here, in Spain. It is too difficult to make another vehicle with a different top hat over the same architecture?
And the Bronco? Is based on the current Ranger truck platform, builded in Europe, too. So, Why not?

Some times, is difficult to understand the Ford ´s management decisions ...

Is it possible the Bronco is an unknown name in the European market? To them is it still just a footnote from the OJ era? Then again, they could badge the Baby Bronco as a Maverick and it would sell on it own...

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Still looking forward to seeing the 2021 Bronco but at the same time disappointed that it will only be offered in North America and the Middle East (it will not be offered in right-hand drive).

I will probably only see it in photos.

The Jeep Wrangler and New Land Rover Defender are global models.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Still looking forward to seeing the 2021 Bronco but at the same time disappointed that it will only be offered in North America and the Middle East (it will not be offered in right-hand drive).

I will probably only see it in photos.

The Jeep Wrangler and New Land Rover Defender are global models.
I think production would be hard pressed to fill the North American orders. Maybe Ford will re-utilize a plant elsewhere to make a right hand drive version.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks like the unveiling be in 1st quarter 2020 and production in Fall 2020! It probably be #1 selling car in the world if they keep the price around $30K!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks like the unveiling be in 1st quarter 2020 and production in Fall 2020! It probably be #1 selling car in the world if they keep the price around $30K!
Hmm hope, the Bronco will likely be here 2021-2022...if you mean the baby Bronco, then it’s possible...

And keep dreaming on that price!

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
There will be a 3 door and 5 door Bronco, both with innovative removable roofs (plural).
I was told NAIAS, which is less than 4 months away. Production begins 6 months later.

Hybrids and PHEV for all the above as well.

Eat your heart out, Jeep.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There will be a 3 door and 5 door Bronco, both with innovative removable roofs (plural).
I was told NAIAS, which is less than 4 months away. Production begins 6 months later.

Hybrids and PHEV for all the above as well.

Eat your heart out, Jeep.
Did you mean NAIAS show as in Detroit Auto Show? If so, then how can it be less than 4 months away when the show has been moved to June of 2020? I figured they would show it at NAIAS in Detroit but in June which would then enter production by November or December of 2020. I can't wait to see how it looks at the reveal but I'm sure we'll get some leaks online prior to the reveal. I am also looking forward to the 'Baby' Bronco reveal and details announcement too. :)

461 - 480 of 637 Posts