Ford Inside News banner

481 - 500 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
There will be a 3 door and 5 door Bronco, both with innovative removable roofs (plural).
I was told NAIAS, which is less than 4 months away. Production begins 6 months later.

Hybrids and PHEV for all the above as well.

Eat your heart out, Jeep.
Did you mean NAIAS show as in Detroit Auto Show? If so, then how can it be less than 4 months away when the show has been moved to June of 2020? I figured they would show it at NAIAS in Detroit but in June which would then enter production by November or December of 2020. I can't wait to see how it looks at the reveal but I'm sure we'll get some leaks online prior to the reveal. I am also looking forward to the 'Baby' Bronco reveal and details announcement too. /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Your timeline is correct, they will show it in June but deliveries are only happening in 2021....which is about 1y delay unfortunately, we were all hoping for deliveries to start in early 2020.

·
Registered
543 Posts
There will be a 3 door and 5 door Bronco, both with innovative removable roofs (plural).
I was told NAIAS, which is less than 4 months away. Production begins 6 months later.

Hybrids and PHEV for all the above as well.

Eat your heart out, Jeep.
Did you mean NAIAS show as in Detroit Auto Show? If so, then how can it be less than 4 months away when the show has been moved to June of 2020? I figured they would show it at NAIAS in Detroit but in June which would then enter production by November or December of 2020. I can't wait to see how it looks at the reveal but I'm sure we'll get some leaks online prior to the reveal. I am also looking forward to the 'Baby' Bronco reveal and details announcement too. /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
...given no pre-production prototypes have been seen out, I’d say you’re right on the timeline NAIAS in June, production starts in December. Baby Bronco at LA, potentially (November) with production early to mid 2020.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks to both of you. Was wondering. On another Ford fan forum similar to this, there are a few insiders, who I trust very much, all say the same regarding the timelines. However, one of them says the Baby Bronco reveal is actually coming soon... before the November's Mach-E reveal and that it would be a standalone event. Which makes sense to show the Baby Bronco while discussing the Bronco subbrand. I'm thinking possibly at Texas State Fair at the end of the month, where Ford sometimes show new pickups and some SUVs in the past, is where the Baby Bronco may be revealed. But that's my wishful guess. The production and arrival of the Baby Bronco may come sooner than thought too since the Fiesta production already ended last month and plant re-tooling has already begun.

As for the Bronco's pre-production prototypes, the same insiders I mentioned above on the other Ford fan forum have said that they have already been out testing at night time as of recently. They mentioned how surprised they were that no one seemed to have seen them but that spy photographers would not have gotten good quality photos of them at night anyways. So the prototypes are already out but cleverly done at night to keep the body shape and details secret. The insiders all say that the delay of the Bronco will definitely be worth it once we see what it looks like and what it will all have. The retro look along with off road capability and more will be worth having to wait an additional year than originally expected. They say that it was good that Hackett told them to re-do the styling and some packaging of the Bronco hence the delay. We'll see when the Baby Bronco is revealed soon and Bronco sometime next year. I'm excited!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ford Motor Company has abandoned its trademark filing for Bronco Scout, Ford Authority has discovered.

The Dearborn-based automaker initially filed to register Bronco Scout as a trademark on April 15th, 2019...

The filing, assigned serial number 88386362, was abandoned on September 9th, 2019.

Some erroneously thought that the Bronco Scout name was going to be the name Ford was planning on using for its “baby Bronco” crossover. But abandoning the trademark filing suggests that name is no longer in the running for the vehicle.

Insiders recently told Ford Authority that the automaker is deciding between the Bronco Adventurer and Bronco Sport as monikers for the baby Bronco crossover, and that the Bronco Scout name has not been in the running in recent history. Abandoning the trademark application for the name serves as an unofficial confirmation that this is the case.

As the small Bronco crossover will be called Bronco Sport or Bronco Adventurer, the larger Bronco SUV will simply be called Bronco. The smaller “baby Bronco” model is expected to be revealed and launch prior to the larger Bronco SUV.

Source: http://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-abandons-trademark-application-for-bronco-scout/

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Bronco Adventurer is not a good name, IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ford has a way of taking a word and using it in multiple way for vehicles and vehicle descriptions. Super Cab, Super Crew, Super Duty, Transit, Transit Connect and earlier the Aerostar was replaced with Windstar and then Freestar, XL was a trim line then it became a extended length of a model which also changed to max. It all add confusion and people that are not used to the correct models get it wrong all the time (not to mention Lincoln and its MK# models which are thankfully going away). If Adventurer is the name, just imagine trying to tell someone to go get my "Adventurer"...sounds silly.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I think the final choice will be Bronco Sport, like the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. I think is not good this name because is too generic, but everything is pointing to that.

Another mistake, IMO, is the timing of the launch. The Baby Bronco will be a more "mundane" and traditional crossover, not the type of vehicle the Bronco is. So, launching the baby Bronco first may damage the image or make a bad impression on buyers about the Bronco brand .The logical situation should be to launch the large Bronco first with all its capabilities, and then launch the Baby Bronco to benefit from the name and reputation of its big brother. But Ford's times seem to be God's time ... nobody understands them!

Ford's marketing department has never been the brightest in the industry ... and in this case it seems that it won't be different.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I think the final choice will be Bronco Sport, like the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. I think is not good this name because is too generic, but everything is pointing to that.

Another mistake, IMO, is the timing of the launch. The Baby Bronco will be a more "mundane" and traditional crossover, not the type of vehicle the Bronco is. So, launching the baby Bronco first may damage the image or make a bad impression on buyers about the Bronco brand .The logical situation should be to launch the large Bronco first with all its capabilities, and then launch the Baby Bronco to benefit from the name and reputation of its big brother. But Ford's times seem to be God's time ... nobody understands them!

Ford's marketing department has never been the brightest in the industry ... and in this case it seems that it won't be different.
Launch them simultaneously at the same presentation and there's no confusion.

·
Registered
308 Posts

Can’t happen unfortunately...the new Bronco is a year or more away, there have been several delays and changes to the project, so launch in mid-late 2020 is still possible but 50/50 at this point...worst case it will show up in 2021, with sales starting wither summer or fall 2021.

The Scout on the other hand is nearly ready, since it’s basically a Ford Escape with raised suspension and different sheet metal, even the interior is exactly the same.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Can’t happen unfortunately...the new Bronco is a year or more away, there have been several delays and changes to the project, so launch in mid-late 2020 is still possible but 50/50 at this point...worst case it will show up in 2021, with sales starting wither summer or fall 2021.

The Scout on the other hand is nearly ready, since it’s basically a Ford Escape with raised suspension and different sheet metal, even the interior is exactly the same.
I doubt they'd go through the effort of designing a new "macho" top hat just to give it the same interior as Escape.

·
Registered
308 Posts

I doubt they'd go through the effort of designing a new "macho" top hat just to give it the same interior as Escape.
Boy you are in for a not so good surprise then lol...beyond textures and small graphs, the interior the basically the same.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Boy you are in for a not so good surprise then lol...beyond textures and small graphs, the interior the basically the same.

Oh, really HELLboy. Does that mean you've already seen it?
I doubt the interior of the baby Bronco will be the same as the Focus/Escape/Kuga. I´m sure it will be completly different

·
Registered
197 Posts
When is the Baby Bronco suppose to be release? Got to be from now to December, right? It already the last two weeks of September!

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Baby Bronco was planned for November but the project has suffered some set backs, likely in early 2020 now...

The Bronco is now likely coming in 2021, as 2022...unless Ford’s new management get their **** together.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Baby Bronco was planned for November but the project has suffered some set backs, likely in early 2020 now...

The Bronco is now likely coming in 2021, as 2022...unless Ford’s new management get their **** together.

Ford is going to loose sales every month it is delays! More competitor will come in the market with new or re-design models. Ford should of made the Escape more attractive especially the front end.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Ford is going to loose sales every month it is delays! More competitor will come in the market with new or re-design models. Ford should of made the Escape more attractive especially the front end.
Ford has been losing SUV sales to Jeep for years because they have not had anything to compete. The Bronco and mini Bronco will reverse that. They are not losing additional sales if the delay leading up to them. And the Escape has a lower, softer shape intentionally.

As for timing, Late spring for mini and fall 2020 for Bronco. Not 2022.

481 - 500 of 637 Posts