Ford Inside News banner

521 - 540 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bronco Sport will be announced in the spring with a sale date to start in the fall - after Ford is done with the typical summer sales frenzy...

I still say we need to pay attention to what FMC own brass has said:

"The off-road utility will be more upright, boxy,” added Thai-Tang, who said the new vehicle will join the Ford line-up about six months after the Escape, which is scheduled to go into production toward the end of the summer in time for an autumn introduction."

·
Registered
212 Posts
https://youtu.be/xyzAVGKL8bs

https://www.motor1.com/news/380300/ford-bronco-r-truck-debut/

The newly unveiled Ford Bronco R racing truck arrives to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Rod Hall’s Baja 1000 victory in the original generation of the tough SUV. Shelby Hall, Rod’s granddaughter, will run the new one in portions of this year's Baja 1000. Before the Baja 1000 outing, Ford will take the Bronco R to the Baja Peninsula for a nearly 1,000-mile (1,609-kilometer) torture test.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Ford is dead serious it seems with it's new Bronco, as witnessed by the link below showcasing what Ford brass says hints at the look to come. Again, this is not a re-skinned Ranger with more suspension travel. They are entering Baja 1000 race with it, so that should confirm it will be quite tough and capable. Hopefully, Bronco Sport will have a scaled toughness as well. This certainly should explain the added time needed to bring it to market as enthusiast level products, not re-wrapping current platforms and raping old name sakes ....cough, cough...Blazer.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-ford-bronco-r-will-race-at-the-baja-1000-1839612418

·
Registered
212 Posts
So we can almost certainly expect a Bronco R spec or Raptor spec or whatever they want to call it, having awesome offroad potential.

But according to one person here, this will not impact Jeeps sales.

LOL

Bronco Raptor will not be release for several years after the Bronco is releases and when it is release it will follow the pricing of the F150 Raptor with MAP of $25K-$50K added to the MSRP!😦

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
But according to one person here, this will not impact Jeeps sales.
This might be true outside North America but in the US, I feel the new Bronco could at least put a small dent in Wrangler sales and at the same time find new customers elsewhere who always wanted something more comfortable than a Wrangler.

For now, the Wrangler's advantage is it's a global model available in left-hand drive & right-hand drive, and has gasoline & diesel engine options.

Excited to see the all-new Bronco but also disappointed that many of us around the globe will miss out on this icon.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Bronco Raptor will not be release for several years after the Bronco is releases and when it is release it will follow the pricing of the F150 Raptor with MAP of $25K-$50K added to the MSRP!😦
...Raptor is no more than any other up-level F150 trim. It’s actually kind of a bargain. A supercab 4wd XLT with the 3.5 is $45k. A Raptor is only $53k. Seems very fair.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Confirmed by very high Ford management, at least internally, Bronco launches in exactly 1 year.
Aso, Mach E and Bronco Sport begin launching 2nd half of next year.
If the launch is a year from now (Fall 2020), what will we see during the Spring 2020 world premier?
Is it a Bronco Concept or the actual Bronco that will go into production minus the vital spec details (like what they did with the GT500)?

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
If the launch is a year from now (Fall 2020), what will we see during the Spring 2020 world premier?
Is it a Bronco Concept or the actual Bronco that will go into production minus the vital spec details (like what they did with the GT500)?
There will probably be no Bronco concept, just a reveal. All the above are launching in the 2nd half of 2020.
I think the cadence will be,
Bronco Sport
Mach E
Bronco

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
There will probably be no Bronco concept, just a reveal. All the above are launching in the 2nd half of 2020.
I think the cadence will be,
Bronco Sport
Mach E
Bronco
I see, got it.

Man, the more I see stuff about it the more I wish they'd sell it here in Asia.

So many people here hyped about the Bronco, lost opportunity for Ford.
Hopefully they make an exception since we're a left-hand drive market (They sell non-global models here like the Expedition and 2019 Expedition)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
BTW, there is not just 1 Bronco being revealed in the Spring, but several.
1. I'm assuming you mean body styles? 2-door, LWB 4-door etc?

2. If the baby Bronco will be first, why does it have no world premiere date unlike the Mach E (November 17, 2019) and Bronco (Spring 2020)?

3. Just to clarify things, Spring 2020 is the Bronco's world premiere and one year from now (Fall 2020) is what? Like a media event where they can share first drives etc?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think that spring reveal will be for a brand, more so than a vehicle. It will cover 5 total vehicles, including the Sport.
5!? - I'm excited...

Wonder what they are...
1. Bronco 4-door
2. Bronco 2-door
3. Bronco Sport Trac (Pickup)
4. Bronco Hybrid?
5. Bronco Sport (Baby Bronco)

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
. ...wicked. Can’t wait. I had a beauty of a Bronco II back in the day. Black w/red interior and a 5-spd manual. Loved that truck.
Had one myself, a dark blue and beige Eddie Bauer edition, and I was well aware of it's tippiness, as I added larger 31" tires. It had a great stance to it. But the fun driving it was mostly due to it's compact size. One of my favorite Ford trucks.

521 - 540 of 713 Posts