·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Bronco Grill mold spied

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
After the cooling fan issues 580 miles in, the Bronco R turned back and took the highway (shortcut) back. Too bad it didn't complete the 802 miles. Ford said they'll be back next year.

Prior to the cooling fan issues, the skid plate got damaged and one of the lower suspension arms broke.

Photo from Mike Levine, Ford North America Product Communications manager

Attachments

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Bronco Grill mold spied
I'm now thinking this is for the baby Bronco....look at the way the ends turn/angle in (sort of a chamfer*corner):

And look at the lighting signature in that leaked photo from months ago - the outside edge of this insert could easily be the round light, with the horizontal part bisecting an additional part of the headlight (which is why we see a non circular/longer cutout for the headlight) - presumably above/below that bisecting element would be the turn signal:

And look at the baby Bronco's hood /front end and how it has a similar shape....

Then compare to Bronco R, which is nearly completely straight across:

I know that's not a production Bronco/spy shot, but I'd imagine the front end will share that overall shape.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'm now thinking this is for the baby Bronco....look at the way the ends turn/angle in (sort of a chamfer*corner):
True true... it probably is the baby Bronco's grille.

Looking at the photos again, the shape does look very similar, same goes for the headlight cluster which are actually bigger than they appear (since there seems to be dark/smoked lenses above and below the horizontal LEDs)

·
Registered
10,912 Posts

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
The final product I have seen looks really good, well differentiated from the Escape. Given Ford's emphasis and growth they seek in SUV's, they surely would invest adequate capital to ensure that, including completely new sheet metal, updated suspension and even the drivetrain has it's own differantiation for adequate off-road prowess and toughness. At least for that segment. So of course they would update the interior.

And although I am very interested in the Bronco, I have not ruled out this baby Bronco. I need to see both in their production clothes and specs and final price. And although both will be available as hybrids, the baby Bronco hybrid emphasis will be fuel economy, or over 40 mpg average. That is quite impressive, for a tough little AWD off-roader that stands out in the crowd.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The final product I have seen looks really good, well differentiated from the Escape. Given Ford's emphasis and growth they seek in SUV's, they surely would invest adequate capital to ensure that, including completely new sheet metal, updated suspension and even the drivetrain has it's own differantiation for adequate off-road prowess and toughness. At least for that segment. So of course they would update the interior.

And although I am very interested in the Bronco, I have not ruled out this baby Bronco. I need to see both in their production clothes and specs and final price. And although both will be available as hybrids, the baby Bronco hybrid emphasis will be fuel economy, or over 40 mpg average. That is quite impressive, for a tough little AWD off-roader that stands out in the crowd.
Escape interior copy cat, like I said! Small change on where the vents are mounted, but everything else is 100% imported straight from the Escape - steering wheel, shifter, screen, materials, buttons....not even close to what you claim ‘enough’ differentiation.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Escape interior copy cat, like I said! Small change on where the vents are mounted, but everything else is 100% imported straight from the Escape - steering wheel, shifter, screen, materials, buttons....not even close to what you claim ‘enough’ differentiation.
Dude. Buttons and shifters, and even steering wheels are shared throughout the lineup. By that definition, all Fords have identical interiors.

That said, it does appear from the console down, it shares most of that with Escape. But the part people look at - the dash - is different.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Other brands do this too, you just don't pay attention.

BMW 3-series & Z4

Nissan Kicks & Versa

Mazda 3 & CX30

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not sure who said it, but they were "100% confirmed" based off knowledge of seeing it in person that the Baby Bronco interior would be exactly the same as the Escape...lol...they are wrong again.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/01/baby-bronco-interior-revealed-in-new-spy-photos/
Thanks for the link zip.

And the person who said it, is our resident troll. He knows who he is.
Dude. Buttons and shifters, and even steering wheels are shared throughout the lineup. By that definition, all Fords have identical interiors.

That said, it does appear from the console down, it shares most of that with Escape. But the part people look at - the dash - is different.
Other brands totally do it, the difference here is that wings told us the interior was BRAND new and totally different than the Escape - since the baby Bronco will be sold for a premium....

And I said - and now confirmed - that I had seen the interior and it wasn’t that much different at all...

541 - 560 of 638 Posts