Ford Inside News banner

581 - 600 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/new-ford-bronco-debuting-in-march-followed-by-smaller-bronco-sport-in-april/

“Ford is going to reveal the new Bronco next month, followed by its smaller SUV sibling that will be called the Bronco Sport – previously referred to as ‘baby Bronco’- in April, most likely at the New York Auto Show.

The smaller Bronco Sport will be the first to reach the market as it’ll go on sale late this year, with the ‘normal’ Bronco not becoming available until early 2021. Ford is also going to offer “hundreds of Bronco accessories”, which will be available at launch, in a bid to help the company boost its profitability.“

Ford is really killing sales of the new Bronco since people only waited for a new model for a limited time! Hyping it every few months does not help when it still way off. 2021 is way to long since it was 1st announced 2017 time frame. 4 years to release is to long!
Yup 2021, huge lost momentum and they are hoping to sell 200k in 2021!!!! LOL

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/new-ford-bronco-debuting-in-march-followed-by-smaller-bronco-sport-in-april/

“Ford is going to reveal the new Bronco next month, followed by its smaller SUV sibling that will be called the Bronco Sport – previously referred to as ‘baby Bronco’- in April, most likely at the New York Auto Show.

The smaller Bronco Sport will be the first to reach the market as it’ll go on sale late this year, with the ‘normal’ Bronco not becoming available until early 2021. Ford is also going to offer “hundreds of Bronco accessories”, which will be available at launch, in a bid to help the company boost its profitability.“

Ford is really killing sales of the new Bronco since people only waited for a new model for a limited time! Hyping it every few months does not help when it still way off. 2021 is way to long since it was 1st announced 2017 time frame. 4 years to release is to long!

I agree. 4 years for the release is too long, but Ford cant make the same as with the Explorer launch: a hurried, messy launch, running to try to meet the deadlines that resulted in a complete disaster, with gigantic losses for the company in the 2nd half of 2019. Losses that almost put Ford's accounts in red.
Everybody want to see and buy the new Bronco. But everybody want a good product. And is time to wait. One more year...

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
I agree. 4 years for the release is too long, but Ford cant make the same as with the Explorer launch: a hurried, messy launch, running to try to meet the deadlines that resulted in a complete disaster, with gigantic losses for the company in the 2nd half of 2019. Losses that almost put Ford's accounts in red.
Everybody want to see and buy the new Bronco. But everybody want a good product. And is time to wait. One more year...
Bronco launch is on schedule, launching in 9 months.
And the Explorer problems were only a small percentage of total costs. Warranty and one time pension were the big drivers.

Ford typically learns a great deal from bad launches. Luckily there are very few.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I think developing a new vehicle in 4 years (from the drawing board to the showroom) is actually not that bad.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Bronco launch is on schedule, launching in 9 months.
And the Explorer problems were only a small percentage of total costs. Warranty and one time pension were the big drivers.

Ford typically learns a great deal from bad launches. Luckily there are very few.
The Bronco launch is 12 months late...we should be seeing the first few ones rolling out now in late spring INSTEAD of seeing it for the first time.

The Explorer issues were MAJOR not small as you state, it sucked the whole company down and will keep doing it till they address the root cause of their quality issues.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
The Bronco launch is 12 months late...we should be seeing the first few ones rolling out now in late spring INSTEAD of seeing it for the first time.

The Explorer issues were MAJOR not small as you state, it sucked the whole company down and will keep doing it till they address the root cause of their quality issues.
I did not say that Explorer issues are small. I said that.... "Explorer problems were only a small percentage of total costs. Warranty and one time pension were the big drivers." Which is what Ford has stated. So excuse me if I believe them, rather than your opnion.

How is it possible that you literally mis-quote me every single time. If English is not your first language, or perhaps you are just a young kid living with your parents.....then let me know. Otherwise I will continue assuming you are just a vindictive troll on this site who can't even read.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
2021 Ford Bronco Paint Color Options:

- https://www.motor1.com/news/401864/ford-bronco-actual-colors-revealed/
- https://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/ford/2021/bronco/

PS: I wonder if there are plans to add classic colors like "Boxwood Green" for example.

-Mecum

Some retro colors, like that green or ligth blue or cream will be missed... anyway, this car will sell like hotcakes... at least for the first 2 years
Depends how Ford prices it...Jeep learned a tough lessons with the Gladiator.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Depends how Ford prices it...Jeep learned a tough lessons with the Gladiator.
Aside from the pricing, I think the Wranglerness of the Gladiator is a strength for Jeep fans and a weakness for other pickup truck buyers.

Long hood, very long wheelbase, small doors but same cab and bed length as the competition.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
The Gladiator is a very unique offering, which justifies it's price. Removable doors and roof and folding front windshield, not to mention off-road prowess. Just the removable top makes it unique, not unlike a price premium for a convertible. This is not just another pickup. Jeep customers are simply offered an option. That is far removed from a single product like Tacoma that exists by itself. IOW, Jeep could stop offering the bed option, and the product would still continue selling well. Not the same thing, at all.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks nice.
Interesting that it has a deep character line on the side similar to the ones found on the big Bronco and Bronco II.
https://cdn.carbuzz.com/gallery-images/840x560/686000/0/686079.jpg

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/09/baby-bronco-leaked/
...looks really good. Taking on Jeep with the Bronco name makes a lot of sense. This will no doubt be a much better drive than an FCA platform-derived Jeep, especially the powertrain, where it counts.

·
Registered
545 Posts
581 - 600 of 672 Posts