Ford Inside News banner

601 - 620 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like it! Let’s see how Ford will price it...

We are bounded for a big recession, stocks have already gone bananas!!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I like it! Let’s see how Ford will price it...

We are bounded for a big recession, stocks have already gone bananas!!!!
...recessions are usually triggered organically by buyer sentiment. This appears to be almost media-made. I’m not sure what will happen, but I’ve lived through several recessions and this one does not feel like one at all.

It’s getting warm around these parts, which usually signals the end of respiratory infection season. We’ll have to see how COVID-19 plays in warmer and more humid areas.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
My nephew yesterday, who has predicted a stock market crash and economic turmoil since the day Trump won office, made sure he made a big deal about the big market hit......saying, "see I told you so , recession is coming, blah blah blah" God help his newbie mind.

I made sure to text him about the record 1200 point spike today, and how that figured into his carefully calculated plan.

Nothing annoys me more than repetitive doom and gloomers like TrollBoi, who can't think for themselves, and then take all the credit...... if it happens.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My nephew yesterday, who has predicted a stock market crash and economic turmoil since the day Trump won office, made sure he made a big deal about the big market hit......saying, "see I told you so , recession is coming, blah blah blah" God help his newbie mind.

I made sure to text him about the record 1200 point spike today, and how that figured into his carefully calculated plan.

Nothing annoys me more than repetitive doom and gloomers like TrollBoi, who can't think for themselves, and then take all the credit...... if it happens.
Oh that spike is done with...the European travel ban will just be a hit with investors tomorrow.

I might buy Ford stocks again when they hit $3.00, they are at $5.90 now! It will be great to have a SUV only line up right in the middle of a major recession!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Oh that spike is done with...the European travel ban will just be a hit with investors tomorrow.

I might buy Ford stocks again when they hit $3.00, they are at $5.90 now! It will be great to have a SUV only line up right in the middle of a major recession!

Is very good for Ford to have a complete line of SUVs in the middle of an economic crisis, because SUVs are the most popular cars right now. And the oil price is going down rapidly, and that mean lower price for gasoline. So...

·
Registered
545 Posts

Is very good for Ford to have a complete line of SUVs in the middle of an economic crisis, because SUVs are the most popular cars right now. And the oil price is going down rapidly, and that mean lower price for gasoline. So...
...and the Fed will cut rates to 0%, which will fuel a bunch of buying (after refinancing the mortgage).

·
Registered
320 Posts

Hmmm people will be looking to spend less, while oil is cheap, an SUV only line up can’t deliver on cheap - look at a mid level Corolla as a good starting point.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Hmmm people will be looking to spend less, while oil is cheap, an SUV only line up can’t deliver on cheap - look at a mid level Corolla as a good starting point.
...LOLok.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Let me follow Trollboi's logic,

Gas is dirt cheap right now, so instead of a small SUV, they would do better with a Corolla.

I rest my case folks
Yes, let’s wait and see...your bubble has been burst many times before, it’s hard to be inside it right now.

memory REFRESH for you dumbass -> you said/predicted Ford was going to have an amazing 2019, the SUV only line up was going to be fantastic. Now that we saw the NUMBERS we know how that went...LOL

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Yes, let’s wait and see...your bubble has been burst many times before, it’s hard to be inside it right now.

memory REFRESH for you dumbass -> you said/predicted Ford was going to have an amazing 2019, the SUV only line up was going to be fantastic. Now that we saw the NUMBERS we know how that went...LOL
I never said 2019 was going to be a great year due to SUV sales, never once. I did predict large profit increases going forward, once all the new CUV/SUV products are in place. We already are starting to see massive increases in ATP's, so.......

Looks like you misquoted me, yet again.

·
Registered
545 Posts

I never said 2019 was going to be a great year due to SUV sales, never once. I did predict large profit increases going forward, once all the new CUV/SUV products are in place. We already are starting to see massive increases in ATP's, so.......

Looks like you misquoted me, yet again.
...any word on when Ford will reschedule Bronco intro? Will they try and do both at NYIAS, now?

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
...any word on when Ford will reschedule Bronco intro? Will they try and do both at NYIAS, now?
Ford employees were invited to a Bronco reveal this week. It got cancelled due to the pandemic fears. The big reveal is still on schedule I believe, although I don't have a date. I would guess late next week.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ford employees were invited to a Bronco reveal this week. It got cancelled due to the pandemic fears. The big reveal is still on schedule I believe, although I don't have a date. I would guess late next week.
It’s been canceled due to the pandemic - terrible timing to launch anything right in the middle of a recession, again misinforming people as usual...

·
Registered
545 Posts
It’s been canceled due to the pandemic - terrible timing to launch anything right in the middle of a recession, again misinforming people as usual...
...a recession is defined as 2 straight quarters of GDP contraction. We don’t know if that will happen. We’re late into this qtr, and even my business was up about 12% over last year up until now. No doubt the next week or two will be an absolute ****-show. But, there is no telling how long the downturn will last. I don’t suspect we’ll enter a technical recession, but we might.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Checked email today, Ford claims "more Bronco news to come soon"

I would not place too much credence on internet gossip claiming "Bronco Reveal Cancelled"
I know John McElroy of Autoline was supposed to go to the Bronco press event. I assume it was cancelled/postponed when Ford told its employees to work from home?

If the new Bronco unveiling/preview will happen anytime soon, i'm guessing it will have to be an online reveal.

601 - 620 of 672 Posts