Ford Inside News banner

621 - 638 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
...any word on when Ford will reschedule Bronco intro? Will they try and do both at NYIAS, now?
Ford employees were invited to a Bronco reveal this week. It got cancelled due to the pandemic fears. The big reveal is still on schedule I believe, although I don't have a date. I would guess late next week.
It’s been canceled due to the pandemic - terrible timing to launch anything right in the middle of a recession, again misinforming people as usual...
...a recession is defined as 2 straight quarters of GDP contraction. We don’t know if that will happen. We’re late into this qtr, and even my business was up about 12% over last year up until now. No doubt the next week or two will be an absolute ****-show. But, there is no telling how long the downturn will last. I don’t suspect we’ll enter a technical recession, but we might.
Impressive....China’s economy has been wiped out.

We are starting to see some early signs - Ford announced special rates and a 90 days deferral to try to spur up the market. My local dealer (we are in Canada) has told me sales have gone down 80%....!!! GM is offering 0% rates now too...

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
I know John McElroy of Autoline was supposed to go to the Bronco press event. I assume it was cancelled/postponed when Ford told its employees to work from home?

If the new Bronco unveiling/preview will happen anytime soon, i'm guessing it will have to be an online reveal.
For sure online, they probably have to revise it or get creative or something. Obviously they were ready for something. Just hurry up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Both Broncos are now back on the shelf until people can come out of their homes! Look for June-September release date and at dealerships Spring/June 2021. It will be a 2022 model.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Both Broncos are now back on the shelf until people can come out of their homes! Look for June-September release date and at dealerships Spring/June 2021. It will be a 2022 model.
Link please.
There’s no link for insider info....Ford is shutting down all factories in NA...launching new vehicles right in the midst of what might become the biggest recession since 1929 is not a good idea...

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
The economy will be hit by this crisis, but not permanently. This crisis will be temporal (2, 3 months?) , and the industry should be ready to recovery the activity in the short term. The Bronco brand launch could be in 1 or 2 months, and the vehicles could be in the assembly lines on schedule or 4 or 6 weeks later than planned.

All we need now is to be at home and to be safe and healthy.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
The economy will be hit by this crisis, but not permanently. This crisis will be temporal (2, 3 months?) , and the industry should be ready to recovery the activity in the short term. The Bronco brand launch could be in 1 or 2 months, and the vehicles could be in the assembly lines on schedule or 4 or 6 weeks later than planned.

Indeed, safety and health are Job One.

All production and launches scheduled in the near term, will be affected, by all automakers who take similar steps and for all products. Of course. What there is no proof of, is a delayed reveal lasting until September, with a 2022 MY launch - as someone recently suggested.

I noticed there is a FB reveal planned for several products. I am guessing that is an option Ford is considering for the Bronco family. Very likely. They only need the time to prepare it. The material for it, was obviously ready for prime time reveal this week.

We shall see, as Ford is saying so very little until April 1.

·
Registered
309 Posts

Well the Trump administration is expecting 18 months, what does that tell you eh?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just my opinion. No link! It is already close to end March 2020. When people starting to come out again, maybe April 5? Then a month to get businesses back in gear, May 5 and PR agency has to go back in promotions so June is probably right on!

Why do you disagree with is?

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Just my opinion. No link! It is already close to end March 2020. When people starting to come out again, maybe April 5? Then a month to get businesses back in gear, May 5 and PR agency has to go back in promotions so June is probably right on!

Why do you disagree with is?
It helps to reference the post/ person you are talking to, so that you get a reply to the questions you ask.

So you claimed in your previous post, that we might have to wait for September before we see new Bronco, and probably 2022 before we can buy one. I simply asked for a link explaining why Ford would wait 6 months to show a product they literally had ready to show......and why said product would launch over 2 years behind schedule. Seems like a fair thing to ask. I am an insider, and I have heard nothing like this at all. Probably because it makes very little logical sense.

·
Registered
309 Posts
...any word on when Ford will reschedule Bronco intro? Will they try and do both at NYIAS, now?
Ford employees were invited to a Bronco reveal this week. It got cancelled due to the pandemic fears. The big reveal is still on schedule I believe, although I don't have a date. I would guess late next week.
It’s been canceled due to the pandemic - terrible timing to launch anything right in the middle of a recession, again misinforming people as usual...
...a recession is defined as 2 straight quarters of GDP contraction. We don’t know if that will happen. We’re late into this qtr, and even my business was up about 12% over last year up until now. No doubt the next week or two will be an absolute ****-show. But, there is no telling how long the downturn will last. I don’t suspect we’ll enter a technical recession, but we might.
Just in case you were wondering:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31901914/us-sales-production-huge-declines-estimates/

Quick summary: US vehicles sales were estimated at 17MM this year, now? 13MM...

Let’s see what Ford will do, people tend to want cheaper vehicles during a recession...I think the writing is on the wall!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Things are getting bad:
Via Reuters:
Auto retail sales through the week of March 22 declined 22% nationwide on a yearly basis and as much as 40% in some cities on the U.S. West Coast, according to an analysis by research firm J.D. Power, based on data from dealership stores around the country.
Last week’s data did not yet fully account for various U.S. states passing shelter-in-place orders at the end of last week.
“We expect to see a much broader and wider impact from these restrictions next week with sales declining 80% or more,” said Tyson Jominy, the firm’s vice president of data and analytics.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I overlaid the image of the Escape over the Bronco Sport. The only dimension we know of the Bronco Sport is its wheelbase which is over an inch shorter than the Escape's. (Images of the leaked trim/ option details have been deleted). My estimate is the overall length of the Bronco Sport is probably 5 to 6 inches less than the Escape's 180.5 inch length. Should be close to the size of the original 2000s Escape.

621 - 638 of 638 Posts