Ford Inside News banner

641 - 660 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I do not think the Bronco will sell well. To many people who were going to buy the Bronco, now have purchased something else instead. Ford has shot it self in the foot once again. One delay after another follow by hype!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I do not think the Bronco will sell well. To many people who were going to buy the Bronco, now have purchased something else instead.
I don't think anybody is excited to make a big purchase in the next few months (for obvious reasons).

Hype or not, the Bronco will still be something new compared to the 2+ year old Wrangler JL which resembles the previous Wrangler JK that we've seen since late 2006.

In the case of the Bronco Sport, I doubt a 2 month delay would hurt it. Seeing leaked images is still different from seeing the actual vehicle. It will probably take months for vehicle production and sales volume to return to normal levels so I think Ford won't be missing out much by delaying the start of production.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for the link AM222, July to September seems to be a reasonable delay. It's not like people will be marching into dealerships too soon anyway. I have repeatedly stated my prediction that this thing will sell great, and I still stand by that.
shall I remind you that said Ford was not going to delay it and they would have an online event soon after the supposed launch date?

·
Registered
546 Posts
shall I remind you that said Ford was not going to delay it and they would have an online event soon after the supposed launch date?

...he said they weren’t going to delay it until next year, as some suggested. A delay of 2mo would be expected if plants are shuttered, but a September Job1 date isn’t next year.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Ford Bronco reveal delayed months over coronavirus
Ford previously told Roadshow to stay tuned for new information about the Bronco's debut in the meantime, but when asked more recently, we're told it could even be a couple of months before we learn more. Whether the reveal will move to a digital platform or the automaker will reschedule things altogether remains to be seen.
- Ford Bronco reveal delayed months over coronavirus

Again, this is not just limited to Ford. Other vehicle manufacturers like GM and FCA will also delay new car launches or start of production.

The length of the pandemic can't be predicted, so its understandable how a delay can reach up to several months (this is something we couldn't have predicted back in mid-March). Also remember that Ford and some other manufacturers are currently producing masks, ventilators, PPEs etc.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Certainly not new news. Hard to launch any product, when all your employees are home. But cue the usual troll to take credit, suggesting he knew this was coming many months ago.

In other news, during a video streaming update from Ford management, Bill Ford Jr. was asked if there was any truth to a media story about VW possibly buying FoMoCo.......and his response was "No, actually, let me say that another way **** No". This is why I love Ford so much, because of that familial feeling each and every employee gets. Bill Jr. is a rock star, IMO. It's his passion for not only the legacy he has inherited, but his clear concern for every single member of said family. I will always be a Ford fan, even with the occsasional product blunder. No other automobile brand comes close to all the above for me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I called it...the main difference though is how well prepared GM and FCA entered this rough market - I mean, you don’t have to look too much beyond the stock price - and GM was very aggressive at immediately pulling the plug in the 2021 line up that was going to be launched this summer....so Ford entered this mess in a weakened position, with 3 weakened brands and in the midst of 2 very expensive launches...

this crisis will not blow over quickly, even though Trump hopes it does...what will happen is, as soon as states start to reopen, cases will blow over and they will have to shut down again.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I called it...the main difference though is how well prepared GM and FCA entered this rough market
Take note, GM did not schedule its Suburban launch or refreshed Equinox launch before the pandemic because it knew a virus would spread in the US by March. This was all a coincidence. At the end, they are all delayed.

GM was very aggressive at immediately pulling the plug in the 2021 line up that was going to be launched this summer...
"GM said preproduction work on those programs would be pushed back to calendar year 2021, with most of the updated vehicles scheduled to be launched as 2022 models."
-www.reuters.com

GM's delay could be a whole year, while in Ford's case it's several months.
Remember when you said "many people who were going to buy the Bronco, now have purchased something else instead". with GM's possibly longer delay, I guess people who were going to buy a new/refreshed GM product, would have also purchased something else instead by then.

The other thing we still don't know is if Ford will shorten the gap between the rescheduled launch and Job1 date.

·
Registered
320 Posts
^^^
...recessions are usually triggered organically by buyer sentiment. This appears to be almost media-made. I’m not sure what will happen, but I’ve lived through several recessions and this one does not feel like one at all.

It’s getting warm around these parts, which usually signals the end of respiratory infection season. We’ll have to see how COVID-19 plays in warmer and more humid areas.
^^^ and this, so naive...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ford employees were invited to a Bronco reveal this week. It got cancelled due to the pandemic fears. The big reveal is still on schedule I believe, although I don't have a date. I would guess late next week.
^^^^Mar 2nd post, for sure a good guess eh?!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Both Broncos are now back on the shelf until people can come out of their homes! Look for June-September release date and at dealerships Spring/June 2021. It will be a 2022 model.
And this is the actual updated timeline, Ford just doesn’t wanna reveal it in an attempt to manage investors fears...

·
Registered
320 Posts
^^^ like I said before - copy/paste Escape with very minor changes, even the steering wheels comes straight from the Escape.

wingsnut where is the brand new interior you were promising everybody here????????????

641 - 660 of 714 Posts