Ford Inside News banner

681 - 700 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
It's been more than 30 years yet this truck of ours still works, but I feel like it is time to change the wheels. What do you guys think?
Still looking good autogeek. I would not change much. I miss my Bronco II Eddie Bauer. I had slightly oversized tires....31" if I recall. Had a very similar stance and could go anywhere a Jeep could go.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Bronco “Badlands” is top of the line with 35” wheels! Price will be around $55K! Bronco “Badlands” Sports is guessed at $40K!
Cool part is the "Sasquatch Package" with 35" tires can be had on the Base version.

Love how the rear quarter panels are removable (bolted on) as well like the front fenders.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow! New Bronco is launched and the world goes madly in love with it with thousands of comments and yet here barely a mention....

Ps, I LOVE this Bronco (and the Sport)! It will be a MASSIVE winner globally. Hope it is build in RHD so I can buy one. I know of a LOT of people in RHD markets that want one.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
The Bronco is here! And is a winner. In 1986 the Taurus saved Ford. In 2021, the new Bronco will save the company, again.
This truck will be a massive hit, a home run with full bases. And I am not talking only about the big Bronco. The Sport is a very good vehicle too.
This brand and these vehicles are all we were specting and much more. The big Bronco is the most capable SUV ever (opinión from the automotive media).
The design of the big truck is perfect! Is a very good reincarnation of the icon. The ideal mix of the retro and heritage with the modern tendencies. In Land Rover offices must be a lot of people crying rigth now. The Defender is a caricature compared with the Bronco.
About Jeep headquarter, is clear that they are very nervous. They send to the press some pics of a concept V8 Hemi Wrangler... an imposible vehicle because that engine cant fit in the engine bay of the Wrangler. So, is a “buuuuuuuu” that cant scare Ford.

The new Bronco brand, with the F series and the Mustang brand , will be the core of Ford Motor Company .
The future of the Bronco brand is brilliant. The next adition is a pick up. And after that I think Ford need to plan a “luxury” Bronco, to compete more directly with Land Rover’s Range Rover. A more compact SUV could be a good idea,too. Of course, every body knows that the Bronco Raptor is inevitable.

The Bronco have so much to discuss that I hope you comment all that things here.... and the pictures... I want to see more here, too

My best regards, friends

·
Registered
130 Posts
99% of the news and comments I've read is beyond positive! Just wish and hope it (and the whole brand) wil be made available in RHD so thatbI can buy one here in South Africa

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The buzz is very strong for Bronco. All my neighbors ask me about it, how I like it, when available, etc. When they compare to Jeep, my token reply is simply that Bronco has plenty of legacy and does not need to copy or best anyone, It just needs to compete and be awesome in it's own ways, and from that metric, Ford nailed it.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Hey guys, did you see the new Jeep ad with a concept Hemi Wrangler scaring the Broncos? Is funny because that engine can’t fit the engine bay of the Wrangler. There is not enough space for the crashes rules. 😂

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Many would love to see a V8 in the Bronco, no doubt. But honestly, do you want more weight top side on an already top heavy vehicle? That said, Ford will sell every single Bronco they make, without the cost of modifying it to allow for a V8. So why bother.
I think that the Bronco doesn’t need a V8. A big V6 can give enough power for a future Bronco Raptor. More than 450 HP, for sure.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The greenie-weenie, climate alarmists are all up in arms that Ford rolled out a Bronco without electrification. So I guess we have to listen to them whine a bit longer, until Ford mentions they are already planned. As if a Bronco will be any worst than an Edge....or F150 for that matter, which uses the same V6 engine.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I don't give a single damn about electrification right now. By any metric, Ford absolutely CRUSHED IT on the Bronco. I'm incredibly impressed. My '18 F-150 lease is up in May '21. Sounds like a Bronco some time in the fall would make some sense for me after an additional summer of saving.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The greenie-weenie, climate alarmists are all up in arms that Ford rolled out a Bronco without electrification. So I guess we have to listen to them whine a bit longer, until Ford mentions they are already planned. As if a Bronco will be any worst than an Edge....or F150 for that matter, which uses the same V6 engine.
I read that Ford is developing a Hybrid powerplant for the next Ranger, chances are, it willl also end up in the Bronco.

----------------------------------------------

I think that the Bronco doesn’t need a V8. A big V6 can give enough power for a future Bronco Raptor. More than 450 HP, for sure.
True. The 400hp 3.0L V6 EcoBoost of the Explorer ST could probably fit (similar to a 2.7?) if they needed a hotter model.

Tuners will probably shoehorn a Coyote V8 for those that want the V8 sound.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Bronco will be getting more power and electrification as well. I can't sepeak to what and how. I am betting it will be impressive.

In the link below, Jalopnik really looks into the details of Bronco, while also comparing to Jeep.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Bronco will be getting more power and electrification as well. I can't sepeak to what and how. I am betting it will be impressive.

In the link below, Jalopnik really looks into the details of Bronco, while also comparing to Jeep.
A bit off-topic...
Is the bolted-on rear quarter panel (rear fender) made of aluminum as well?

681 - 700 of 711 Posts