Ford Inside News banner

701 - 711 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I am pretty sure it is steel, as it is tied into the rest of the body. Doors, fenders and hoods are not integrated, but bolt on.
It's visible that the rear quarter panel skin (rear fenders) are bolted on in photos where the doors are removed.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
It's visible that the rear quarter panel skin (rear fenders) are bolted on in photos where the doors are removed.

You might be right, it might be aluminum. Neglible weight reduction from just those two additional panels, but it does give a more cohesive look if all the other adjoining panels are same material and thickness. I.E. a corner bend radius or character lines will be more uniform. Always an issue, when you mix and match materials.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
You might be right, it might be aluminum. Neglible weight reduction from just those two additional panels, but it does give a more cohesive look if all the other adjoining panels are same material and thickness. I.E. a corner bend radius or character lines will be more uniform. Always an issue, when you mix and match materials.
Interesting, I never really thought about that.

I hope we get the Bronco here. I believe it can co-exist with the Ranger-based Everest. When I asked one Ford guy here earlier this year about the upcoming Bronco, he mentioned that if they ever decide to bring it over it will take a really long time after its US date of availability because it will be a hot product... and that happens to be the case now. lol The new F150 will be over a year away for US.

We probably have one of the strangest lineups in the IMG markets, lower half is made up of Thai and Chinese sourced models, the upper half is made up of North American sourced models, then in between we have the RWD Transit van from Turkey.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
230000 reservations! Oh My God. Ford will sell all they can build
I just hope Ford can build them fast enough, can't have people cancelling reservations.
"Reservations have been so popular that some Bronco customers may not receive their Bronco until 2022," a Ford spokesperson told Car and Driver, adding that vehicles intended for customers with reservations will be built ahead of orders for stock units."
- Some New Bronco Reservations Won't Be Filled Until 2022

I believe this might delay its introduction in other potential markets outside North America.

701 - 711 of 711 Posts