Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed you can finally build your 2010 Mercury Milan and Hybrid.

I am a little surprised at the price, but not really.

Here is what I priced for the Hybrid with nothing special. I really did not add anything.

MODELS

Hybrid I4 Atkinson FWD CVT Auto
$31,235

PACKAGES

300A
$0

EXTERIOR

Atlantis Green Clearcoat Metallic
$0

Moon & Tune Package
$0

Rear Spoiler
$0

Reverse Sensing System
$0

Fog Lamps
$0

17" Aluminum Wheels
$0

INTERIOR

Medium Light Stone
$0

Driver's Vision Package
$0

Floor Mats
$0

Heated Front Seats
$0

Premium Sound System
$0

Leather-Trimmed Seats, Rear Split Bench
$0

COLORS

Exterior: Atlantis Green Clearcoat Metallic
Interior:Medium Light Stone

Pricing

Base MSRP: $31,235
Total of Options: +$-,660
Total of Incentives: -$0
Destination Charge: +$725
Net Price *: $31,300

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you have not noticed yet, I really want this girl in my driveway. I have about 14 more payments on my current Milan and am very excited on the new design. I drove by LMdealers' lot and showed a friend and she said it looked very nice. I just hope I can afford her.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to add while I am online. I went to the LMdealer and we sat in the 2010 Milan and there were some great new changes.

The lines for the airbag in the center console on the passenger side has miraculously disappeared. There is a little hook on the visor for tickets, cards or whatever. The center console needles and all are now controlled by a dimming button and not a dial which is really nice. There was a little door above or below the headlight switches, which is actually a sliding drawer for change or whatever.

I am very impressed with the vehicle in all, and to also point out that the view from the driver seat is a little different due to the hood lines. The hoof seems to be a little beefier or higher than the previous model, and the seats are really nice. I was quite impressed with the remote start feature and the addition of automatic headlights, which I think was added to a previous year.

I have to say for a closing, that though I did not get to drive one that she will definitely sell well. She has won my heart over again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah i posted this over on BON. i priced it out too, im not sure yet, i thought i wasnt going to like it but the design has grown on me. but out of left field came the fusion sport, in sport blue which i think is beautiful. so i added that to my list of next car, also still want a mustang or camaro. this would all be over if they would just build a cougar.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i posted this over on BON. i priced it out too, im not sure yet, i thought i wasnt going to like it but the design has grown on me. but out of left field came the fusion sport, in sport blue which i think is beautiful. so i added that to my list of next car, also still want a mustang or camaro. this would all be over if they would just build a cougar.
I am not really into sports cars myself, and think the Milan or even the new Fusion would be a great car. I think it is big enough before getting into the Edge or Mariner for me in my lifestyle.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
its about time they have this up!

The only thing that bothers me is the interior... I wish they used better wood grain to make the interior more upscale

the one they use now is barely noticeable

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
its about time they have this up!

The only thing that bothers me is the interior... I wish they used better wood grain to make the interior more upscale

the one they use now is barely noticeable
Amen to that.

I absolutely love the car, but the interior in my opinion is just very dull. There's no trim work that stands out or that makes it look luxurious at all.

They should have either used dark/cherry type of wood grain or a bright satin aluminum trim.

Of course this is just my opinion about the interior, but I really do love the car.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ tho I haven't seen any of the 2010 CD3's in person yet :)()
just lately I've been coming to the idea that
- it'd be fine for Fords & Mercurys to share the same interior design
(kinda prefer the Fusion seats' update to the Milans - I think - & they'd be perfect with 2-toning / coordinated fabrics)
- but make "the Mercury Difference" by having (near-)Lincoln level of materials
- use a combo of Lincoln & Ford sheetmetal for Mercury exteriors ...probably a Ford roof on a Lincoln body ...implying Lincoln gets a unique C-pillar & rearwindow (but with
MY version of the waterfall grille:
1. the Mercury Smile shape much like the 2010 Milan BUT with
2. the emphasized metal at the bottom, NOT the top;
3. true Vertical slats, NO Slant

(altho I still like the idea of ALL Mercs using the same unique IP/guage-cluster & steeringwheel)

the exterior part is mainly about the Milan/MKZ since during the (temporary) SmallMercs Theory, those might be the only L-M models that share a size -- tho imho it could work for Mariner/MKG(KuGa) too, if they're same-size platfrom-mates

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^ tho I haven't seen any of the 2010 CD3's in person yet :)()
just lately I've been coming to the idea that
- it'd be fine for Fords & Mercurys to share the same interior design
(kinda prefer the Fusion seats' update to the Milans - I think - & they'd be perfect with 2-toning / coordinated fabrics)
- but make "the Mercury Difference" by having (near-)Lincoln level of materials
- use a combo of Lincoln & Ford sheetmetal for Mercury exteriors ...probably a Ford roof on a Lincoln body ...implying Lincoln gets a unique C-pillar & rearwindow (but with
MY version of the waterfall grille:
1. the Mercury Smile shape much like the 2010 Milan BUT with
2. the emphasized metal at the bottom, NOT the top;
3. true Vertical slats, NO Slant

(altho I still like the idea of ALL Mercs using the same unique IP/guage-cluster & steeringwheel)

the exterior part is mainly about the Milan/MKZ since during the (temporary) SmallMercs Theory, those might be the only L-M models that share a size -- tho imho it could work for Mariner/MKG(KuGa) too, if they're same-size platfrom-mates
I agree with most everything you said 2b2.

I've seen all three of them in person & I've sat in both the Milan & Fusion. For some reason the MKZ as still locked.

And I still say that the Milan's interior looks dull due to no bright satin accents or a dark/cherry type of wood grain. Just my opinion.

I personally prefer the Milan's seats I really like that flowing design in the seat backs.

And just like you've said yourself I really think Ford is thinking of Mercury & Lincoln as one brand. That's why the Milan's new grille has slating bars instead of just being straight. I think it's closer to Lincolns than ever.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Is Mercury already dead ??? there's no news what so ever about Mercury's survival or new vehicles ??? does anyone have good news ???

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Is Mercury already dead ??? there's no news what so ever about Mercury's survival or new vehicles ??? does anyone have good news ???
We're very fortunate that Mercury is still alive, but unfortunately I can't say Mercury is really well.

Mercury is suffering from product starvation & if Ford doesn't do something fast Mercury I'm afraid it may be too late & I say that because the average buyer/car shopper may just past Mercury over since they haven't heard of any new product or seen a Mercury commercial in just about forever. And probably a good portion of the public doesn't even know Mercury exist anymore. And Ford can't anyone but themselves for it.

Already Ford & Mercury has made a mistake. The 2010 Mercury Milan is a spectacular car with fantastic fuel mileage & it's already arriving at Mercury dealers, but has anyone seen a commercial showing off this wonderful car? My guess would be NO. 'Cause I certainly know I haven't seen one.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ actually, in "Chicagoland", they ARE showing relatively-lowkey Milan hybrid with *Jill* tv commercials (IF anything with *Jill* can be called lowkey...)
tho
there's no catchy-themed & soundtracked quality to them :(
Mercury_1988 said:
Is Mercury already dead ???...
We're very fortunate that Mercury is still alive, but unfortunately I can't say Mercury is really well.

Mercury is suffering from product starvation & if Ford doesn't do something fast Mercury I'm afraid it may be too late & I say that because the average buyer/car shopper may just past Mercury over since they haven't heard of any new product or seen a Mercury commercial in just about forever. And probably a good portion of the public doesn't even know Mercury exist anymore. And Ford can't ( >BLAME< ) anyone but themselves for it...
imho we MercuryFans really Need, MUST, make a verbal distinction from now on:

Mercury IS NOT Dead! Dying!! etc!!!

If "worse keeps coming to worst", we MUST start using the word MURDERED!

Between the
- Milan-&-Mariner,
- all the web-forum hub-bub -- so much of it positive,
- Mercury's CONSISTENTLY Astronomic dependability ratings,
- & *Jill*;
there is NO WAY that Mercury will DIE all-by-itself!!!

True, it's Overly LEAN (due to the Fomoco-Imposed starvation diet),
but
despite F's best/worst efforts, sales HAVE NOT "evaporated" - just been ArTiFiCiAlLy suppressed...

I'm SICK of it !

IF Fomoco really wants to make the BIGGEST MISTAKE they possibly could,
there's not much I/we can do... BUT
CALL THEM ON IT:
MURDERERS
MURDERERS
MURDERERS

think I'm finding my 'voice' :mad:
...tho all my NYC-Autoshow-NO-SHOW notes are on my in-storage computer

&
Let me take my gloves off & get 'personal' for a moment:

Dear Mr.M,

What do you want your last initial to stand for?
M = Mulally?
or
"M for MURDER"?

·
Registered
401 Posts
There is a lot of global Ford models that would make nice mercury vehicles such as the Ford Kuga :

Ford Mondeo :

Ford Falcon :

Ford Ka :

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^ You're absolutely right.

What we really need to see come over to the USA as Mercury's are...

Ford Mondeo = Mercury Milan.

Ford Kuga = Mercury Mariner.

Ford S-Max = Mercury Magellan.

Euro. Ford Focus Sedan & Cabrio = Mercury Comet & Mercury Messenger. (of course that's just the names I would like to see)

The Ford Falcon would make a great new RWD Mercury Sable or a new Mercury Marauder.

That could be Mercury's completely new lineup.

And about the KA. I think it's a great little car, but I think that particular car should remain just a Ford.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found a nifty trim-comparison .Pdf at the Build Your Milan site
(also attached)

AND
found out there's a Mercury-Lincoln dealer within walking distance :) :)
they had two 2010 Milans & a 2010 MKZ
but I didn't have time to stop in today (only saw them from the back)
I just got back from the NY Auto Show and there was a A LOT of BUZZ around the Ford booths. They were the makers to be at because there was a lot to do hands on than any of the others.

I will be posting pictures soon of the vehicles, probably tomorrow.

Also, I sat in the 2010 Milan at LMdealers' lot and the 2010 MKZ has been there for a couple of weeks too. Nothing on the Milan Hybrid coming in yet as he does not have an ETA. I can not wait to test drive it out.

A Last but not least. there is a $50 test drive card they were promoting like crazy. I already have mine processing.

I will start a thread tomorrow on the Auto Show NY 2009 with all of my pics for the Ford and Mercury vehicles, and some other little tidbits too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Any idea when the 2010 Milans are going to start showing up on dealers lots? I did a search online today...no dealer around here has a 2010 Milan yet. Ford dealers have 2010 Fusions though, even Hybrids.

I compared the specs on a 2010 Milan to my 1994 Sable and the two are very close in size. I was surprised at how close the two are dimensionally. I am taking some leave this week, so I may go check out a 2010 Fusion and see how I like the fit. I am looking at trading out of my 2004 Malibu, so I need to see if it is any roomier than my Malibu.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Any idea when the 2010 Milans are going to start showing up on dealers lots?...
tho I kinda stopped checking inventory online (& youtube & anything requiring Flash :()
I saw that the local dealer (Perillo on Diversey, Chicago) had at least two 2010 Milans and a 2010 MKZ on their lot as of the last two Wednesdays (when I go past them ...weekly 'pilgrimage'... haven't made time to stop in yet)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hmm...I wonder why there aren't any out here then. I probably won't be buying until this summer, so they have time to get some out here.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I sat in a Hybrid Milan yesterday :)
didn't ask the salescritter to waste time on me so didn't see the IP do more than its just-getting-in "hello" BUT even that is AmAzInG in a production car!!
&
the Milan InPerson looks better imho than in pix - more of an Infiniti vibe imho
& very 'likeable' (very UNlike Acura :p)
really *REALLY* need to see one on-the-street/in-traffic now :fidget:

continued :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts