Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well, that time-honored question is finally answered:

"what would a Ferrari 360 look like, decked out in Pep Boys accessories?".

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Impressive car and reveal. At this price point, they have a winner here. Meanwhile back on the Ford Ranch, all is quiet.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Impressive car and reveal. At this price point, they have a winner here. Meanwhile back on the Ford Ranch, all is quiet.
C'mon man, we know stuff is happening at Ford......eventually. I hear they are working on some SUVS, CUVS, and trucks. Maybe a mid engine F150 lol

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Well, that time-honored question is finally answered:

"what would a Ferrari 360 look like, decked out in Pep Boys accessories?".

First thing that came to mind was the Fake/Replica Ferraris with mid-mounted Corvette V8s. lol

GM knew that if they moved the pushrod V8 back it would make everybody go crazy.

What I like about the C7, it wasn't trying to copy a Ferrari but then again, for Le Mans... maybe they had to.

Getting rid of one's identity for a bit of extra performance.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I'm hearing it'll base at around $60k, that's an insane bargain!
It's pretty much re-arranging the Lego blocks. Move cabin 16 inches forward, relocate pushrod V8 at the back with the transaxle (upgraded to a dual-clutch unit).

I think there's no actual giant technological leap that would justify a price increase larger than the C8's $4K+ increase over the C7.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is really cool! If you've ever owned a Vette, you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's pretty much re-arranging the Lego blocks. Move cabin 16 inches forward, relocate pushrod V8 at the back with the transaxle (upgraded to a dual-clutch unit).

I think there's no actual giant technological leap that would justify a price increase larger than the C8's $4K+ increase over the C7.
You're not comparing apples to apples here. The base C7 comes with a manual. The C8 comes standard with a Tremac DCT. The auto for a C7 is $2k making the price of a current C7 $58,990. There is a lot of new content standard on the C8 not on a base C7. Camera rear view mirror, more HP, torque, etc. I love the new front end lift feature. I can't tell you how many years I had to back my Vette into my drivway to avoid rubbing the front end.

From what I see, the C8 is less expensive than the C7 considering what you're getting.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Watched the live stream of this last night and for the first time in my life i said I wanted a Corvette. I mean the car is pure sex inside and out. Also the fact that it starts below 60k is huge. Almost nearly as big of news is that for the first time ever it will be available in right hand drive. Lord knows im not a GM fan, but this is a winner.
...agreed. GM nailed it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You are wright its just under 60,000 and a 0-60 time of less than 3.0 seconds. Chevy hit it out of the ball part at $60,000 it makes the GT500 look way overpriced. The base Vette will beat the Shelby to 60 and being Mid engine I'm sure it will beat the 2020 GT500 in handing too. It seems Ford has lost its roots of being a Blue Collar Brand. Ford is now trying to cater to the rich with Halo products that are way out of reach of their regular customers . Ford now seems more interested in giving us vehicles with big profit margins and under delivering on the content side. With the GT500 being so limited good luck trying to get one for list. The Vette makes the GT500 look lame, what's wrong with this picture Ford. Chevy really moved the bar with this mid engine corvette that is faster, less expensive and available to anyone that wants one. You can not say the same for the new Gt500. Chevy really made a true Halo car that even a regular guy or gal can really dream about getting. The GT500 just looks way over priced now for what you get and that's if you can get one without begging your dealer for one.

...ehh, GT500 is more muscle car. In a qtr, the GT500 would likely smoke that Vette. You can’t overcome the HP/TQ advantage, though it will give up a bit on the 0-30 because of lack of grip. With very few changes, that GT500 is a 9sec car, easy.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Meanwhile back on the Ford Ranch, all is quiet.
This kind of crap is idiotic. No single manufacturer exists in every single segment, they all pick and choose their spots. Ford has been killing it with their performance offerings, everything from the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Mustang up to 760HP, GT, Raptor, and upcoming Bronco and Ranger Raptor. GM has the Vette, Camaro (for now), and a couple of Cadillacs and literally nothing else.

It cracks me up, it's always the same old **** here and at GMI, 49.9% the people think the forum brand sucks, another 49.9% thinks it can do no wrong, and then there is the 0.2% of us who realize the truth is somewhere in the middle. Conversations with those who think everything sucks, or everything is perfect is boring as **** and among the reasons this forum is effectively dead.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
GM, going back to the future.

I like it. Styling is solid, but I still prefer the timeless look I think. For now. Hard not to like a $60K machine, even with a proven OHV engine creating decent momentum. Did they mention weight.
I believe it's around 3,360lbs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This kind of crap is idiotic. No single manufacturer exists in every single segment, they all pick and choose their spots. Ford has been killing it with their performance offerings, everything from the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Mustang up to 760HP, GT, Raptor, and upcoming Bronco and Ranger Raptor. GM has the Vette, Camaro (for now), and a couple of Cadillacs and literally nothing else.

It cracks me up, it's always the same old **** here and at GMI, 49.9% the people think the forum brand sucks, another 49.9% thinks it can do no wrong, and then there is the 0.2% of us who realize the truth is somewhere in the middle. Conversations with those who think everything sucks, or everything is perfect is boring as **** and among the reasons this forum is effectively dead.
Ford does have a lot of performance offerings, but they don't roll them out with much fanfare to generate a lot of excitement, not just for a specific vehicle, but for the brand. GM is generating excitement with just one vehicle, and Ford continues to generate frustration for many.

GM took the 50th anniversary of the moon landing and married it to the launch of the C8 and look at the results. All over the internet, on the local tv stations. Everyone is talking about it. GM was smart in announcing the reveal date months before it actually happened, generating even more anticipation.

Ford could have used the same event by announcing the Bronco and comapring it to the Lunar Rover. As soon as the Vette hits the showroom, even non-GM fans will show up to get a close look at it. Like GM or not, they hit a home run with this event. Maybe Ford will take some notes here and one-up GM with the upcoming products.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Ford does have a lot of performance offerings, but they don't roll them out with much fanfare to generate a lot of excitement, not just for a specific vehicle, but for the brand. GM is generating excitement with just one vehicle, and Ford continues to generate frustration for many.

GM took the 50th anniversary of the moon landing and married it to the launch of the C8 and look at the results. All over the internet, on the local tv stations. Everyone is talking about it. GM was smart in announcing the reveal date months before it actually happened, generating even more anticipation.

Ford could have used the same event by announcing the Bronco and comapring it to the Lunar Rover. As soon as the Vette hits the showroom, even non-GM fans will show up to get a close look at it. Like GM or not, they hit a home run with this event. Maybe Ford will take some notes here and one-up GM with the upcoming products.
Tying the Vette to the lunar rover is meaningless. The reason the Vette is on every news and auto site today is because of the move to mid-engine combined with that crazy price. They could have tied the launch to a Twix bar and it's still be getting all this press.

Some people just aren't happy unless they have a reason to be miserable.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts

Nobody, and I mean nobody is going to associate the moon landing with the C8. GM just hijacked the anniversary, nothing more.

Besides, Ford was too busy celebrating their significant role in that effort, 50 years ago.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/how-ford-helped-put-a-man-on-the-moon/ar-AAEzqdj

Eat your heart out, Musk.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Yeah, the more I think about this C8, the more I recognize what a brilliant move it was for GM. Kudos there.

Do I wish Ford would give the world an affordable 2 seat super sports car? Of course, but without the legacy like vette, I don't see much customer interest. And what engine would they use, a 5.2L or a 3.5L. The 3.5L could be a a poor mans GT, shedding many of the CF bits even gaining a removable top. Actually, that don't sound half bad. Sure the V8 sounds great, but then it kind of dilutes the GT, rather than promote it.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Nobody, and I mean nobody is going to associate the moon landing with the C8. GM just hijacked the anniversary, nothing more.

Besides, Ford was too busy celebrating their significant role in that effort, 50 years ago.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/how-ford-helped-put-a-man-on-the-moon/ar-AAEzqdj

Eat your heart out, Musk.
...you should take a deep breath. SpaceX is an important part of our country’s future in space flight.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

All this expectation and excitement is for the transformation of the Corvette from front engine to mid-engine sport car, a change that autojournalism wanted from many years ago. IMO, this change is a mistake.

The same long term excitement anticipation GM aplied to the Corvette is being aplied by Ford with the Bronco. So, when Ford launch the Bronco (some time between this winter and the next autumm) all the auto magazines,forums and news will be occupied by the Bronco’s pics and articles.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts