Ford Inside News banner

Cadillac ATS Coupe & Escalade headed to Europe, will be shown in Geneva

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  DetroitBORG 
#1 ·
Cadillac ATS Coupe & Escalade headed to Europe, will be shown in Geneva

Cadillac has announced plans to stage the European debuts of the ATS Coupe and Escalade at the Geneva Motor Show.

The ATS Coupe will go on sale this fall and compete with the Audi A5 and BMW 4-Series Coupe.

The Escalade will go on sale towards the end of the year and be available exclusively with four-wheel drive and a 6.2-liter V8 engine.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114021170072/cadillac-ats-coupe--escalade-headed-to-europe-will-be

#5 ·
Last year I saw a Hummer trying to back up a ramp from a parking garage in Paris because it couldn't fit in. I'm not convinced the Escalade is the best fit for Europe. I know there are Land Rovers and other large SUVs in Europe, but the bulk of the Escalade is really overkill I think.

ATS, why not. I don't see it making a dent, but at least it fits into a sweet spot of the market.

#6 ·
Cadillac is making a huge mistake - the ATS is a horrible product - cramped and over priced - like most Cadillacs, if you could remove the interior and the bodies and have a coach builder make everything to cover the engine and suspension, you'd have a far better product than what Cadillac makes.

#7 ·
Europe doesn't need the ATS. The ATS was developed to try and win back americans who turned to better European luxo sedans over here.

The slade is not a good fit for Europe either. Europe does not desire a huge GM truck with a large pushrod V8 with caddy badges.

Kids in Dubai will want slades to drive to school for use as a fashion statement and to have a cargo area big enough to fit many sub woofers in.

The slade and ATS are American vehicles

#9 ·
I think Lincoln needs to sell cars here before it can sell them in Europe.

I'm pretty sure Caddy is going to have a hard time convincing people in Europe why they should bother with me-too when they can have the benchmark made locally. The Escalade is something different however, but I can't imagine they'll sell many. It does have brand presence that certainly helps it anywhere it's sold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.