Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac SRX successor slated for a New York debut

Cadillac has been relatively tight-lipped about the crossover but it is expected to adopt the XT5 moniker and feature a more stylish design with shorter front overhangs.
Engine options remain unconfirmed but could include a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 272 bhp (203 kW) and a 3.6-liter V6 with 321 bhp (239 kW).

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115021789009/cadillac-srx-successor-slated-for-a-new-york-debut

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Yeah, it looks like Cadillac is going to go all Ford Performance on the NY show like Ford did in Detroit. Between those two and a new MKS concept it should be for a very exciting show!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know why they said it will debut on NY
for me it already debuted:

hahaha...put a Caddy grille and it is ready! lol

the MKX should pass in sales the SRX!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Jose, is that legitimately a spy photo of the new SRX? If so, that's incredibly disappointing, the shape is kind of boring. I will reserve my final judgement until I see it undisguised, though.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jose, is that legitimately a spy photo of the new SRX? If so, that's incredibly disappointing, the shape is kind of boring. I will reserve my final judgement until I see it undisguised, though.
yeah it is...check google, a lot of spy pics

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
CUV's should prioritize function over form.
Otherwise you have failed products like the Magnum.
Yeah that's common sense. The 'UV' in CUV still matters.

edit: to add:

That said, in a segment where other companies [see: Q7, Q5, Cayenne, Macan, X3, X5, GLK-Class, M-Class, MKX, (even the MKC), RX, NX, and even some Infiniti offerings] have both function and form, form matters quite a bit. Obviously Cadillac knows this. Obviously both you and I know this. But by basing my opinion strictly off of what I've seen both here and elsewhere online, I have come to the reasonable conclusion that the new SRX (XT5 apparently, by the new naming scheme) seems a tad stumpy and off the mark. I'm sure it's very functional, though!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, it looks like Cadillac is going to go all Ford Performance on the NY show like Ford did in Detroit. Between those two and a new MKS concept it should be for a very exciting show!
If in fact the MKS concept is shown at NYIAS, I still maintain that the 2017 production MKS will be revealed at LAIAS in November as was done with both the 2009 and 2013 production model MKS.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Jose, I was just thinking. Although these cars are remarkably similar in shape, they're different sizes totally. They're on totally different platforms, AFAIK. The SRX will ride on a new Chi platform apparently (could be wrong here, but I think I got it right). Not to mention the SRX pictured above has 6-lug wheels instead of the Opel's 5. Then again, I am far from a GM chassis expert. Us Italians and them Greeks aren't the best of pals.

The larger Acadia, Encore, and Traverse have 6 lug wheels, FWIW.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm not impressed with what little I see in that spy photo. No matter what the final product looks like. I guarantee the 2016 MKX will still look better and be the superior product. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Jose, I was just thinking. Although these cars are remarkably similar in shape, they're different sizes totally. They're on totally different platforms, AFAIK. The SRX will ride on a new Chi platform apparently (could be wrong here, but I think I got it right). Not to mention the SRX pictured above has 6-lug wheels instead of the Opel's 5. Then again, I am far from a GM chassis expert. Us Italians and them Greeks aren't the best of pals.

The larger Acadia, Encore, and Traverse have 6 lug wheels, FWIW.
Nice catch!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Many of the exposed details on the SRX resemble many other Crossovers like the MKX, especially the proportions and the greenhouse glass with the pillared mirrors. Even the wheel designs resembles those on the MKX. I'm not sure what people's expectations are for SRX but apparently it's higher than that for Lincoln or Lexus.

I suspect SRX might move up market to make room below for a smaller Crossover, but that's coming in 4 years so they may stick with the same 'tweener' formula which has worked incredibly well for them so far. It's quite possible for SRX to outsell both Lincoln Crossovers together, Caddy has allot more crossover customers, for awhile the SRX alone was outselling the entire Lincoln division.

The MKX is pretty easy to upstage, technologically and aesthetically it doesn't really standout in anyway which I think is a pretty big problem and leaves me concerned about their prospects in the US market. But we'll have to see what the SRX brings, especially if it remains a cheaper car than MKX.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The MKX is pretty easy to upstage, technologically and aesthetically it doesn't really standout in anyway .
Compared to? I definitely thinks it looks better than other cars in its class and price range. I'm almost certain it will lead in available technology as well. What Cadillac, Lexus, Acura, Volvo offer in this range of vehicles doesn't really get the heart racing does it? Now if you start to compare it to the X5, Q5, XC90, etc. then you have to think about the huge price differences and even still with those vehicles except maybe the XC90, the available tech is comparable if not better.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts