Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac to launch Super Cruise semi-autonomous technology in two years [w/video]

We all know that self-driving cars are coming. It's not so much a question of If so much as When. And when it comes to General Motors products, we now have something of a date to work with, as Cadillac has announced plans to roll out what it is calling Super Cruise technology in an unnamed new model within the next two years. As you would expect, this new tech can speed the car up, slow it down and keep it in its intended lane, but GM isn't expected to release a fully self-driving car, saying that it will still require "an attentive driver."

We're not quite sure what new model Cadillac will use to launch this new technology, but our best guess would be its upcoming LTS sedan. Other possibilities may include a new crossover – we've heard rumors of CUVS coming from Caddy both above and below the current SRX – or entry-level sedan, but those seem less likely than a high-dollar flagship like the LTS.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/07/2017-cadillac-super-cruise-semi-autonomous-video/

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Presumably Ford, not Lincoln, is developing a system that is mass marketable. Ford has implemented many advanced autonomous features which the competition still does not offer.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Presumably Ford, not Lincoln, is developing a system that is mass marketable. Ford has implemented many advanced autonomous features which the competition still does not offer.
of course it is Ford, I said it before, I don;t know why Ford uses a fusion instead of a MKZ to test this tech! everybody knows that the money comes from dad (Ford)!

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I can already see it now, several years from now with these systems proliferating.....and everyone tweeting and texting non stop. It will be a huge problem, and the litigation that will ensue will be unprecedented.

"not my fault, it was _______'s fault for not developing it well enough."

I think we need to be careful about rushing certain technology to market, just so we can be first. Or second, if you consider Lincoln has already implemented most of this technology already, but feels it is not time to proliferate it further yet.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ford/Lincoln are a little peculiar with some of there tech choices, for example they don't implement auto-braking in their collision system. Presumably for very good reasons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts