Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: Cadillac's 'Continental' - via GMI

2b2, will you please go over all of the FACTS, not speculation, that you have to support the Linstang idea? I'm pretty sure they're intending to stay with fwd in the near future. However, you seem almost dead certain that the lincstang is very real. I mean, gosh, I must have missed some big press release or spy photo that everyone thinks is going to be a rwd coupe for lincoln! Please, show me this! ;) (#sarcasm)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

I dunno, Jose ...don't think my bloodpressure (or heart) could take it...

...unless the tease was darn close to the official reveal
Lincoln doesn't know how to tease. I wish they did, but they rarely do.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

2b2, will you please go over all of the FACTS, not speculation, that you have to support the Linstang idea? I'm pretty sure they're intending to stay with fwd in the near future. However, you seem almost dead certain that the lincstang is very real. I mean, gosh, I must have missed some big press release or spy photo that everyone thinks is going to be a rwd coupe for lincoln! Please, show me this! ;) (#sarcasm)
well, 2b2 can believe in what he wants, Lincstang or not! I think that we've heard that a RWD Lincoln is coming! Continental or Licstang, don't exactly know but there is a RWD model coming

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

On GMI, one of the guys figured out that this picture is of an ATS Coupe, not the LTS. Darn...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

FordSUVfan said:
*I* am personally certain, FordSUVfan :nevreness: totally!

with your (#sarcasm) hashtag I'm not sure you really want an answer
AND to keep this thread more-or-less about the Cadillac flagship-competition...

here's a LINK to where I listed "evidence" such as it is

...you're not the only-or-first to take issue with my enthusiasm for the LS550

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Cadillac's 'Continental' - via Detroit Free Press

GM to make flagship Cadillac sedan at Detroit-Hamtramck - Detroit Free Press
Nathan Bomey
September 19, 2014

General Motors plans to build a flagship large rear-wheel-drive Cadillac sedan at its Detroit-Hamtramck plant by the end of 2015.

GM declined to say what the new Cadillac will be called, but it's expected to draw inspiration from the Elmiraj and Ciel concept cars.

The new Cadillac sedan will be bigger than the fullsize XTS and more expensive. Cadillac will show it in the first half of next year...

...GM called it a "top-end, high-technology car." likely to be equipped with a new "super cruise" system, which can steer, brake and accelerate by itself on the highway. The company had announced earlier this month that the super cruise system would be installed into a new Cadillac for the 2017 model year...

...The new flagship sedan will compete against such luxury cars as the Mercedes S-class and BMW 7-series.

"What we have to make sure is we are relevant in the key luxury segments," Barra told reporters today. "To be a true luxury brand, it has to be credible (in the flagship segment)."...

..."The objective for this upcoming model is to lift the Cadillac range by entering the elite class of top-level luxury cars," de Nysschen said in a statement. "Currently in development, this new rear wheel drive-oriented sedan uses completely new, custom-designed materials on a unique vehicle architecture."

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
re: Cadillac's 'Continental' Starting at $53,495 ...& more/Updated

hmm... imho...
I think things would be better if the CTS's front looked more like this
& the CT6's looked more like the CTS/5

edit
now I'm wondering if the even numbers, ATS/CT4 & CT6 will be sorta under-done
while the odd numbers, CTS/5 & CT7-eventually will be rather over-wrought???

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

Is the CT6 or the ATS? Audiesque similar design for all Cadillac's cars confuse me a lot. Only the size can help.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts

It looks decent, but it's not stylistically competitive. It looks bland, stale, and sterile.....just like the ATS and CTS.

·
Registered
528 Posts

It's subtle. I am sure the size alone will make it imposing. Does not take the world by storm (on exterior looks alone). Lincoln, your move.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts