Ford Inside News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ford announced that it has secured a crucial contract with the Canada Post that will replace its aging fleet of postal service delivery vehicles. Ford won the contract after an open request for proposal process.

The United States Postal Service operates the largest civilian vehicle fleet in the world with 260,000 vehicles – but for now, Ford will have to make due with securing a contract to provide delivery vehicles for Canada’s mail delivery service, Canada Post.

Ford says Canada Post has ordered 1,175 Ford Transit Connect vans for the first year, making it the largest Transit Connect fleet sale in Canada to date.

“At Ford we are dedicated to delivering quality, safe and fuel efficient vehicles to Canadian businesses – and the Ford Transit Connect delivers on all fronts,” said David Mondragon, president and CEO, Ford of Canada. “The versatility of the vehicle will allow employees to work more efficiently, and the fuel economy delivered by the Transit Connect will help bring Canada Post one step closer to achieving important environmental goals.”

http://www.leftlanenews.com/canadia...es-ford-transit-connect-to-replace-fleet.html

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Canadian PS replacing fleet with TCo's

I'm not at all sure but that sounds like a sizeable percentage of the number being imported at first - or am I getting confused with just the electric TCo's - anyone know offhand?
They could probably just send some from dealers in the US...one of my dealers has 11 and the other 14....:yikes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts