Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevrolet Raptor competitor to be based on the Colorado - report

The Ford F-150 Raptor proved to be an instant hit when it was launched several years ago, so it comes as little surprise that Chevrolet and Ram have been considering a competitor. However, a new report is indicating Chevrolet's Raptor rival will be based on the Colorado instead of the Silverado.
According to GM Authority sources, Chevrolet is working an "aggressive off-road variant" of their latest pick up.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114071678278/chevrolet-raptor-competitor-to-be-based-on-the-colorado

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Makes perfect sense IMO. If the Raptor has an achilles heel its that its larger than optimal. The Colorado based competitor will be closer in size to the four door Wrangler which itself may even be a little on the large size. These new GM small trucks are very intriguing!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Pretty sure the Raptor, for most customers, is an appearance package on a truck they already wanted. Do people want a Colorado in the same way they want an F-150? I doubt it.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Pretty sure the Raptor, for most customers, is an appearance package on a truck they already wanted. Do people want a Colorado in the same way they want an F-150? I doubt it.
Maybe its different in the desert southwest but most of the Raptors I see are clearly being used off road. Sure there is the occasional cherry condition grocery getter, but thats the exception.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Be very afraid, Ford, that Chevrolet is going to build a Raptor competitor from a bloated compact pickup truck built from a JC Whitney catalog!

ROFL!

Chevrolet - sell on Saturday, recall on Tuesday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It will be a flop because it is too small. Chevy doesn't know how to build something like this. The Raptor will literally run it over.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
It will be a flop because it is too small. Chevy doesn't know how to build something like this. The Raptor will literally run it over.
I don't think so. I think there is certainly a market for smaller niche performance. Not a big one, but still.

But if one were to think of how significantly improved a Raptor is with far less weight and power updates, it does kind of take the leverage out of a slightly smaller truck that weighs the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts