·
Registered
5,933 Posts
those mirrors look terrible

they could have done a better job with the tail lights as well... looks cheap

·
Banned
204 Posts
Can't say I'm a huge fan, thankfully as of right now this is just a Euro spec Camaro, It should stay over there, though I must admit, those tailights if executed better could look good...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those taillights look like something out of a JcWhitney catalog.

The only thing missing on the mirrors, is the extending feature................ and then they would be great for towing. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would not worry about any of this. It's all Euro Spec changes. The Camaro is once again set to go overseas. Larger mirrors and repeater turn signals are required. Rear amber turn lamps and an oversized license plate pocket is a Euro requirement as well. This is not the first time Euro secific changes were made. Back when the 3rd generation F-body was exported in the 1980's, the rear end had outboard rear amber turn signals, an enlarged wider license plate pocket, special rear view mirrors and fender mounted repeater lamps.

GM is able to invest in specific parts for export that will not be shared with US models.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It is ugly, and bedazzled like.

WTF???

Funny part is, when I said that over at Carfanatics, the self proclaimed "Great One" removed my remarks.

Freaking hypocrite.
LOL......he sure deleted the whole thread about "the great FORD lie". Guess being proven wrong was too much for him.

Sorry, back on topic.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
It seems like a Euro Spec Camaro. The Regulations are kind of different over there.

·
Banned
204 Posts
pretty misleading thread title wouldn't you say?

You would think "Euro-spec" would have been important to point out...

just a thought ;/

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pretty misleading thread title wouldn't you say?

You would think "Euro-spec" would have been important to point out...

just a thought ;/
It isn't any different than the way Autoblog, Camaro5 or anybody else reported it.

For what anyone knows that monstrosity may very well be heading in our direction since GM hasn't said a thing. So the Eurospec is pure speculation for all we know up to the moment.

Besides, why would they make such ugly looking mirrors for Europe. Cars in Europe usually look better there than here, not the other way around.

A little bit of self scrutiny would be much appreciated before you share you thoughts . . . .

·
Registered
61 Posts
As long as I don't have to look at those tailllights when sitting at a stoplight, I'm ok with it. I feel sorry for the Euro guys. This will really make GM look bad over there - not that they don't already!

·
Registered
81 Posts
It isn't any different than the way Autoblog, Camaro5 or anybody else reported it.

For what anyone knows that monstrosity may very well be heading in our direction since GM hasn't said a thing. So the Eurospec is pure speculation for all we know up to the moment.

Besides, why would they make such ugly looking mirrors for Europe. Cars in Europe usually look better there than here, not the other way around.

A little bit of self scrutiny would be much appreciated before you share you thoughts . . . .
European regulations.... Mirrors have to be a certain size and break away. They also incorporate the EU required turn signal in the mirror.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Previous generation Export Market European Camaros

4th Generation

Look at the long license plate pocket and the provisions for rear position fog lamps and lower reflectors.

Look at the larger break away mirrors and fender mounted turn signals.

3rd Generation Camaro Z28-E

Note the flag style break away mirrors and bubbled side marker lamp... Notice as well the "brake duct" style front turn signal lamps are required amber instead of smoked clear like USA models.

Note the outboard positioned amber turn signals and center positioned combination reflector/brake/tail lamp. Also note the required lower bumper mounted reflectors and the wider license plate pocket.

Yep, GM will invest in specific parts for specific markets to meet local regulations. And the yellow Camaro we see is nothing but a Euro Spec version. It is also missing the covers over the exposed LED taillamps.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
If this is the euro spec model then where is the amber fender mounted turn signal in the spy shots

1 - 20 of 23 Posts