Ford Inside News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Chevy is about to unveil it's newest Crossover to help GM further dominate the midsize segments. This might be called the Blazer.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/28/chevy-blazer-midsize-suv-spy-photos/#slide-7259779

"to help GM further dominate the midsize segments"

This would be the segment that GM doesn't currently have a product offering in?

Had you not said Crossover, I might have thought you were talking about the Malibu, because we all know GM "dominates" that segment!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"to help GM further dominate the midsize segments"

This would be the segment that GM doesn't currently have a product offering in?

Had you not said Crossover, I might have thought you were talking about the Malibu, because we all know GM "dominates" that segment!
I'm specifically referring to GM's equivalents to the Edge/Explorer/UI/Flex/MKX/MKT utilities. That would include the Traverse/Acadia/Enclave/XT5.

GM's SUV sales are significantly greater than Ford's at this point except for their Midsize segments which just blew past Ford in February after just matching them in January. In all other segments GM is far ahead and growing while Ford has been stagnant or negative.

It's really fascinating looking at the SUV numbers where Ford is extremely weak, falling behind almost all full-line automakers like Nissan, Toyota, GM, and even Jeep. Ford is also the only car company with decreasing Crossover sales in a growth market.

The good news with Ford is that they have been strong in the the more profitable midsize segments but certainly not as strong in THE most profitable full-size segments which GM banks on more than anybody. Ford is finally making progress in those areas as is GM in other areas, although GM has been far more comprehensive among all segments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts