Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Hmmmm.
Good, I guess.

As an image car, I like the volt.
As a daily driver, purchased to save money, it makes little sense.

And people need to stop using the $41K - $7.5K price argument.
Nobody gets $7500 back. That is the price deducted from your gross earnings, at next years taxes.
Realistically, it is about $3200 for most.

So you have to add the $41,000 + finance charge on that $41K + total tax (finance price) -- and then subtract that additinal tax return or ~$3K.

Not cheap at all.
And the fact that your total range is limited to only 350 miles means lots of fillups when traveling distance. And 41mpg while traveling is not exactly revolutionary.

I think far more customers would benefit from a Cruze (or Focus).

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
When GM will say to the customers that they will need to purchase premium gas to give a car the "extended range" status? And i think that the car cant run without gas...... Is beauty,but not awasome, this commercial. But GM continue lying in it

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Can't see at work since videos are blocked but the new slogan Chevy runs deep sucks!

·
Banned
204 Posts
Beautiful car...

so much better looking then the Prius or Leaf...

good commercial, not a huge fan of the new slogan, but good commercial.

though I do think "its more car then electric" is cool and very true...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
When GM will say to the customers that they will need to purchase premium gas to give a car the "extended range" status? And i think that the car cant run without gas...... Is beauty,but not awasome, this commercial. But GM continue lying in it
no, F.L., afaik the Volt can run completely without gas for the first 40-ish miles with fully charged batteries.
But think occasionally the system will want to run the ICE just to keep it in good condition.
Don't see the premium requirement being a problem.
(Wonder if the owners manual will advise people who usually only need the electric range to just buy gas ONE GALLON AT A TIME?
)

&
re: the commercial:
it's OK ... as a first or reminder quickie
but want to see others that SAY more about the car & Voltec
although!!!
I found the use of the word/name "NOMAD" very interesting!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Beautiful car...

so much better looking then the Prius or Leaf...

good commercial, not a huge fan of the new slogan, but good commercial.

though I do think "its more car then electric" is cool and very true...
beautiful car????????? What????????? Beautiful the Masserati Quatroporte, the AlfaRomeo 8C Competizione,the Jaguar XJ, the Bentley Mulsanne..... the Volt is horrible! nothing interesting, a fake grille that is not a grille...and with chrome!!! the lines are very disproportioned.... the rear end too tall... the windows awfull with that black botton line.... i dont like that 42000 $ Hybrid... Sorry! Give me the next gas, hybrid or electric (really electric) Focus

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think is a pretty good commercial. Hopefully Ewanick can fix the damage of three full years of marketing malpractice by GM.

After all . . . this is America man!

·
Banned
204 Posts
beautiful car????????? What????????? Beautiful the Masserati Quatroporte, the AlfaRomeo 8C Competizione,the Jaguar XJ, the Bentley Mulsanne..... the Volt is horrible! nothing interesting, a fake grille that is not a grille...and with chrome!!! the lines are very disproportioned.... the rear end too tall... the windows awfull with that black botton line.... i dont like that 42000 $ Hybrid... Sorry! Give me the next gas, hybrid or electric (really electric) Focus
In the context of what this car is, Yea I do think its beautiful...

Show me a hybrid or electric car anywhere near the Volts price range that looks half as good as the Volt...The Prius and Leaf IMO don't even sniff it style wise...

I'm not a big fan of the Volts rear-end design, but I think the front end looks great! I really like the grille and front lights... The side profile is nice too.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Voltec is first generation technology. It may not be all things to all people, but GM brought it to market in record time. This was nothing short of a moon shot. To think they went through bankruptcy and still saw it through is amazing.

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
Premium fuel gives the car a 5-10% increase in fuel efficiency (depending on conditions). So the increased cost of premium versus regular is a non-issue. Though consumers always freak out about premium requirements on all cars. It's $2.00-$3.00 more per fill up and will likely save you that much or more in increased fuel economy. I use premium all the time and my car does not require it. I also notice fuel economy improvements when I use it consistently.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Voltec is first generation technology. It may not be all things to all people, but GM brought it to market in record time. This was nothing short of a moon shot. To think they went through bankruptcy and still saw it through is amazing.
Record time 4 years? I think the Camaro beat that record . . . we are talking about the longest, right? :)

It is not about bringing the car to the market, it is about bringing it right . . . just look at a company called Ford to see example after example of that.

I am amazed that this thing is not better that after all the free/cheap cash GM got through its bankruptcy. It is certainly not what was promised by Lutz and touted by marketing.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Record time 4 years? I think the Camaro beat that record . . . we are talking about the longest, right? :)

It is not about bringing the car to the market, it is about bringing it right . . . just look at a company called Ford to see example after example of that.

I am amazed that this thing is not better that after all the free/cheap cash GM got through its bankruptcy. It is certainly not what was promised by Lutz and touted by marketing.
Well thank god the Volt is right then.... Just because it uses its engine to power a generator a very small (and I mean very small) amount of the time, doesn't mean the Volt isn't right... Its the most technologically advanced car in the world... And the fact that its this good even with GM going through bankruptcy is pretty impressive.

GM has had no problems bringing a car to market as of late, so quite acting like Ford is the only one who knows anything...Did it take a while for the Camaro to get to market? Sure, but it has hurt the vehicle? **** no it hasn't... Its the top selling pony car and probably will be for a while( minus a month here and there)

and weren't you the guy who said we should move on from the whole "GM lied" crap? you seem to be holding on to it like its the only thing you got on this car, o wait, it is....

Technological speaking, Ford doesn't have a vehicle right now that can touch this thing, (**** no one does) and deep inside I know that pisses you off, hence the constant bashing... It just kills you that some Ford fans give this car props, hence the post im quoting...

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thank god the Volt is right then.... Just because it uses its engine to power a generator a very small (and I mean very small) amount of the time, doesn't mean the Volt isn't right... Its the most technologically advanced car in the world... And the fact that its this good even with GM going through bankruptcy is pretty impressive.
OK. Please post a quote where I said that the Volt is the "wrong" or a bad vehicle. What I have said, and will say every time you post this BS is that it is not the car GM said it is (and now apparently pollutes more than it should). That doesn't make the Volt a bad or a wrong car. It only shows how much GM marketing sucks and how deceitful they have been regarding the Volt.
GM has had no problems bringing a car to market as of late, so quite acting like Ford is the only one who knows anything...Did it take a while for the Camaro to get to market? Sure, but it has hurt the vehicle? **** no it hasn't... Its the top selling pony car and probably will be for a while( minus a month here and there)
It didn't hurt Ford sales either. I am happy the Camaro took sooooooo long to get to the market, it only helped boost Mustang sales . . . of course that hurt GM's bottom line and helped to accelerate the bankruptcy situation. So you see, taking so long to develop an overweight pony car not only hurt GM as a corporation but helped the situation that has costed us taxpayers so much money. The Camaro sells fine . . . I would say that is the least it could do . . . considering.
and weren't you the guy who said we should move on from the whole "GM lied" crap? you seem to be holding on to it like its the only thing you got on this car, o wait, it is....
No, but if I ever said such stupidity I take it back.
Technological speaking, Ford doesn't have a vehicle right now that can touch this thing, (**** no one does) and deep inside I know that pisses you off, hence the constant bashing... It just kills you that some Ford fans give this car props, hence the post im quoting...
I got a reprimand once for posting a reply similar to the one I am going to post here, but . . . LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts