Ford Inside News banner

Chicago 2012: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (i30)

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ehaase 
#1 ·
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT; Hatchback Gets a Stylish New Look: 2012 Chicago Auto Show
By: Luke Vandezande
08/02/2012
AutoGuide

Replacing the dull-looking Elantra Touring for 2013 is an all new five-door Hyundai, which along with sporty Euro-hatch looks gets a marketing-friendly “Elantra GT” name.

The GT is powered by the same 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine found in the other Elantras, though it fails to make Hyundai’s hallowed 40-mpg mark. Instead, estimated fuel mileage is 28/39 city/highway, or 32 mpg average – still a solid number.

It also misses out on standard heated seats, which suggests that the company really is courting younger buyers when you realize the new coupe version gets that feature across the board. Despite that, there is some catchy standard equipment like a chilled glove box and three 12-volt outlets to keep the kids happy on long trips.

The competition ultimately becomes the defining factor for practical cars, and this is where Hyundai often shines. The Elantra offers significantly more passenger and cargo capacity than those it stacks up next to like the Volkswagen Golf, Mazda 3 and Toyota Matrix. Space behind the rear seat is a substantial 23 cu-ft, with a total of 51 cu-ft when you fold the seats flat. Those numbers are essentially on par with the new Subaru Impreza hatch, although if you don’t need all-wheel drive and do want a few extra miles per gallon, the front-drive Elantra stands out.

Full text at link

See less See more
#4 ·
Hyundai has just released photos of the wagon version of the i30. I'm not a big wagon fan, but I actually think the wagon version looks much better proportioned and balanced than the hatchback. The wagon version also doesn't have the awkward looking front end treatment of the US market Elantra GT. I think I would much rather have the wagon version as a new gen Elantra Touring.

Link: http://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2013-i30_wagon/, Source: Net Car Show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.