FORD WORK SOLUTIONS: EXPANDING THE CAPABILITY AND PRODUCTIVITY OF AMERICA’S FAVORITE TRUCKS
- Ford Work Solutions is a collection of affordable technologies –including four industry-first features – that will provide Ford customers connectivity, flexibility and security to better run key aspects of their business – from their Ford Truck, even on the job site.
- Ford Work Solutions will be available this fall on the 2009 F-150, F-Series Super Duty, and E-Series vans. Transit Connect vans join Ford truck’s commercial vehicle lineup with this technology in mid-2009.
Ford Work Solutions delivers four innovative features:
- An in-dash computer developed with Magneti Marelli and powered by Microsoft Auto that provides full high-speed Internet access via the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network and navigation by Garmin. It’s the first broadband-capable in-dash computer in production. This system allows customers to print invoices, check inventories and access documents stored on their home or office computer networks – right on the job site.
- Tool Link, a Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) asset tracking system developed in partnership with DEWALT, the industry leader in professional power tools, and ThingMagic, the industry expert on embedded RFID technology. This enables customers to maintain a detailed real-time inventory of the tools or equipment stored in the pickup box.
- Crew Chief, a fleet telematics and diagnostics system, which allows small fleet owners to efficiently manage their vehicles, quickly dispatch workers to job sites and keep detailed vehicle maintenance records.
- Cable Lock security system developed in partnership with Master Lock®, the industry-leading lock manufacturer, to discourage theft of expensive tools too large to fit in the cab.
F-Series has been the best-selling truck in America for 31 years. Two out of every five commercial trucks sold in the U.S. wears a Ford oval.
For years, truck capability has been measured in maximum towing and payload ratings. The new 2009 Ford F-150 builds on that kind of industry-leading capability, offering the most ‘smart’ features that make towing and hauling more flexible, easier and safer. Ford Work Solutions adds still another dimension of capability for commercial truck owners.
“Ford Work Solutions takes productivity to a new level by bringing the office to the job site in an integrated, seamless way that only Ford could deliver – with a strong network of industry-leading partners like DEWALT, Microsoft, Garmin, Master Lock®, Magneti Marelli and Sprint,” said John Felice, general marketing manager, Ford Division.
Ford Work Solutions features were developed through hands-on research with contractors and skilled tradespeople in multiple markets around the U.S.
All four Ford Work Solutions will be available this fall on the new 2009 Ford F-150 XL, STX, XLT and FX4 trucks; F-Series Super Duty XL, XLT and FX4 trucks; and all 2009 E-Series vans. Transit Connect vans join the lineup in mid-2009. In time, several of the features will be available for dealer installation to upgrade Ford Trucks already in service.