Ford Inside News banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Updated!*Confirmed: Mustang 5.0 V8 to have 412 hp!

Against the wishes of Ford Motor Company, a couple of critical details of the 2011 Mustang have been posted on Facebook and Twitter.

So we're going to just tell you ourselves. As expected, the GT will be powered by a 5.0-liter. It will make a substantial 412 horsepower.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...ial-2011-ford-mustang-gt-has-50-liter-v8.html

Update:

To Ford Mustang fans, 5.0 means a lot, and the new 2011 5.0-liter V8 Mustang will deliver 412 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque, company officials said on Thursday. The information was supposed to be embargoed until Dec. 28, but news leaked out shortly after the announcement in Dearborn, Mich.

The new 5.0-liter Mustang produces 83 hp per liter yet will return 25 mpg, according to Ford marketing boss Jim Farley. The 5.0-liter Mustang’s main competitors are the Chevrolet Camaro SS, rated at 426 hp, and the Dodge Challenger SRT8, which makes 425 hp. Of course, the top-of-the-line Shelby GT500 and its supercharged V8 is rated at 540 hp.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20091218/DETROIT/912189996

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
I am really impressed with this motor. It has just the right amount of technology to keep it affordable and reliable for a Mustang. It is impressive that this power boost comes with much better fuel economy and minimal cost increase.

Oh yeah, performance is astounding. And wait until you hear what Mustang has coming later next year.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am really impressed with this motor. It has just the right amount of technology to keep it affordable and reliable for a Mustang. It is impressive that this power boost comes with much better fuel economy and minimal cost increase.

Oh yeah, performance is astounding. And wait until you hear what Mustang has coming later next year.
New engines ?and/or? hp improvements?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
guess it's not tonight
tho
found this

Leaked: 2011 Mustang GT to Get 412-hp 5.0-Liter V8 - AutoGuide.com
By Colum Wood, Thursday December 17 2009

It’s official, the 5.0 is back! That’s right… we learned today that the iconic 5.0-liter will return in the 2011 Mustang GT with an impressive 412-hp. This information was released today and was embargoed until the 28th, but after a loose-lipped individual leaked the info, we’re certainly not going to sit back and miss out.

The output is still short of both the Challenger SRT8 and Camaro SS, but those vehicles weigh hundreds of pounds more, so the added power, combined with the ‘Stangs more nimble chassis should make the already superior performer a unanimous winner in the muscle cars wars.

Ford is set to debut the car at the Detroit Auto Show, and the return of the 5.0 was expected after Ford debuted a new 305-hp 3.7-liter V6 for the base Mustang at the LA Auto Show.

AutoGuide will bring you full coverage of the official debut on January 11th, unless, of course, more info is leaked… because we’re currently sitting on a long list of technical specs that will have five-oh fanatics drooling.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good to see a "302" going back into the Mustang. Although it's still a crappy OHC, in my opinion, it can't be any worse than the little motor that can't. I mean the Modular engine, my bad.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts