Ford Inside News banner

Which wheels do you like Best for the Continental?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which wheels do you like best for the Continental?
(multi-choice, but maybe limit to no more than 2 or 3)
[?]
18" Premiere
[?] 19" Select
[?] 19" Reserve2.7
[?] 19" Reserve3.0
[?] 20" Optional (à la MKX's 21")
[?] 20" [BL]
[?] ??" studio (similar to MKC-optional 20", imho)
[?] other
[?] write-in which you like LEAST
[?] write-in what you'd like ADDED to [BL]

- - - - - - -
MKX wheels - for [?] Other

- - - - - - -

Click HERE to see Who voted What

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
since, thanks to TOPNOTCH, who found a Link to 2017 OGs for the C,Z,Navi,Conti :thumb:
which show the wheels!...
...wanted to include some of the MKZ's & that top-optional one from the MKC for OTHERing

afaik the MKC 20" got a change for 2017, painting a lot of it black:

- - - - - - -

I like the [BL]/Concept wheels...just not for me,
surprisingly-perhaps, prefer the Select's 19" for a Deco-whirlpool,
can't stand the Reserve2.7's 19" ... or the X's whirlpool 21"s
like ALL the MKZ wheels shown,
STILL like the MKX's 20" Reserve-Fwd "double-10" spoke BUT have never seen Any(?) of these in person :( ;
not showing the Navi's cuz don't think they'd work with Fwd-based offsets...

seems all of a sudden, Lincoln has some of the BEST wheels anywhere
so
still pondering
:angel tho
would LOVE the 18" Continental's for an MKC, chop (which is my personal choice of current Lincolns...I think...maybe a Z-Hybrid:
developing a serious crush on TerraCotta upholstery with Aluminum trim)

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wanted to point out that the MKX's (the original)version of the "double-7"/Reserve wheels are 21"
vs 20" for the Conti...
I like the 20" on the Reserve best, but if I could have any wheel it would be those on the clay model, hands down.
Bell,
would YOU have any desire to go up an inch?

ps, glad I included the studio wheels :joyous:

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wanted to point out that the MKX's (the original)version of the "double-7"/Reserve wheels are 21"
vs 20" for the Conti...
Bell,
would YOU have any desire to go up an inch?

ps, glad I included the studio wheels :joyous:
Only if it didn't change the ride quality much. Otherwise 20" are ideal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know I'll be in the minority, but I love the Reserve 3.0 wheels. They remind me of the darker Navigator wheels - I love how much open space there is.

As an aside, anyone notice how the MKC's 20" wheels got changed to Ebony pockets instead of dark stainless? Should look even better!

·
Registered
436 Posts
My favorite is the Reserve 3.0 wheels. Close second are the 20's that's are optional on the Reserve.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My dealer is looking in to a different wheel option for my BL, I'm doubting I'll be able to but it doesn't hurt to see.

I do like the 19" listed on the Reserve with the 3.0L as well but as I said I think 20" are ideal.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I think I like the optional 20" Reserve wheels. I LOVE the 21" version on the MKX (Conti's 20" optional ones are the same as MKX's 21" design, just an inch smaller).

I'd have to see the Black Label's 20" wheels in person before making a judgement on them. I don't know if I just have the concept's wheels in mind, so the production one's look "wrong" compared to them, or if they'd look better an inch larger (so 21" wheels), or if it's just the design itself, but something about them seem off in pictures.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ not voting (yet), Rmc?

My dealer is looking in to a different wheel option for my BL, I'm doubting I'll be able to but it doesn't hurt to see.

I do like the 19" listed on the Reserve with the 3.0L as well but as I said I think 20" are ideal.
just imho, the studio wheels don't look 'solid' like the MKX's
but 'open' like the MKC's ...which are 20" also
foto swiped from Lincoln-facebook's huge version today:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
^ not voting (yet), Rmc?

just imho, the studio wheels don't look 'solid' like the MKX's
but 'open' like the MKC's ...which are 20" also
foto swiped from Lincoln-facebook's huge version today:
I think the studio video's wheels (as well as the MKC's 20" wheels for that matter) are a tad too busy looking for what is otherwise an elegant car. The addition of the extra darkened spokes makes the area around the "main" spokes (by that I mean each of the 5 groupings of spokes that form the 5-star pattern) look overly designed and like there's too much going on at each particular spoke area. I don't know if I'm saying that well at all or not? Perhaps someone can say it better?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ no argument the studio(or MKC) wheels are "intricate"
&/tho imho the black-out on the 2017-version-C is a bit like a 'star-shadow' :neverness:
but
meant the pic for Bell
...I'd have to see the Black Label's 20" wheels in person before making a judgement on them. I don't know if I just have the concept's wheels in mind, so the production one's look "wrong" compared to them, or if they'd look better an inch larger (so 21" wheels), or if it's just the design itself, but something about them seem off in pictures.
tho I haven't seen any of them in person
imho
the main diff with the Concept was being considerably 'deep-dished'

unrelated comment
interesting the 18" has no votes - (maybe).
I really like them (for the C) but think they're too casual/sporty/young for the Conti...
...tho prolley just no votes cuz too small
:angel

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I like the studio-wheels - with those on, I keep thinking of an Audi A8.

The BLs are very nice as well - especially on white.

The 3.0 Reserve would make it in the top 3 as well.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
slightly belated complication...
We know Lincoln is already making 2 sizes of the wheel design in the above foto for the U.S market: 20" for the Conti and 21" for the MKX;
those pictured from China look smaller
so
Would anyone choose that design in either 18? or 19"?

not changing the Poll choices for now since ^this^ can be covered by 'Other'

·
Registered
866 Posts
I tend to like the large wheel look on cars but I also prefer some sidewall on my tires (we have real potholes in Jersey). The problem here is the effect that increased rolling diameter has on odometer and speedometer readings as well as effects on performance and mileage. That said, none of the wheel options float my boat in photos. I think I'll have to see the cars on the street before I can judge.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
One of my favorite combinations, I like the wheels and I like the car's paint color.

Wish Ford still sold Lincolns in my country. The last one they sold was the Town Car, they sold a couple of those, but it was just too huge, the new Continental would be perfect.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
^ :thumb: AM222
imho, after China is established (& with profits from there)

[x] write-in what you'd like ADDED to [BL]
surfed for wheel ideas a bit - nothing exactly what I wanted
thinking Conti[BL] should maybe have 3 styles
- signature, existing pinwheel (or adaptation)
- subtle, the double-7 optional ones (^ditto)
- sport ....sorta / kinda old now:

which might be sorta AMG/Maybach-ish? ...& saw another AMG that reminds me of my fave MKX wheels

edit: really would like a bigger Lincoln Star on the hubs = prolley req. covered lugs?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts