Ford Inside News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could Hyundai overtake Toyota in sales this year?
By Andrew Ganz
Apr 28th, 2011
LLN

Now that Toyota has officially conceded that its 2011 sales will be well below its initial forecast, analysts say that Hyundai could match or even exceed its major Japanese rival.

Toyota revised its output after the devastating magnitude 9 earthquake rocked Northern Japan last month. Production came to a complete halt in Japan and the after effects have crippled numerous automakers’ plants across the globe as they struggle to source Japanese-produced parts.

Now, analysts suggest that Toyota’s overall 2011 sales will be somewhere in the 6.3 to 7 million mark across all of the Japanese automaker’s global markets.

Full text at link

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know if Hyundai can overtake Toyota this year or not (probably not), but anyone not impressed with what they (Hyundai) have done lately has been asleep somewhere. They have gone from joke econoboxes to increasingly reliable and stylish vehicles. In fact, they do remind me a lot of Toyota in the 70's and 80's when most laughed at them at first, but slowly came to see them as highly reliable and desirable cars. I would not be surprised to see Hyundai further emulate Toyota in the coming years by spinning off a luxury division (sort of like Lexus) to get their Equus and Genesis cars away from the Hyundai logo and its econo image.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts