Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
that should just have the side vents removed & be called the EVOS
otoh
quote:
"...as this car would be based on a front-wheel drive platform, probably that of the new Fusion/Mondeo. An all-wheel drive version would also be plausible, as well as a hot all-wheel driven version, powered by the turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine, currently found under the bonnet of the Taurus SHO - it makes 365 hp, yet it could undoubtedly be tuned to make even more, with ease..."
imho
it should just be a "Fusion Coupe"/"Mondeo3" for the 4cyls
& COULD be the "Lincoln Zevos" for the v6's + unique: front&rear panels&interior

·
Registered
607 Posts
My hope is that Ford uses the EB 3.5L V6 on a special Mustang like the Mach1.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
My hope is that Ford uses the EB 3.5L V6 on a special Mustang like the Mach1.
Ford have many good engines for the next Mustang: two or three V8 ; 3,5 V6 ; 3,7 V6 ; Ecoboost 3,5 V6; 2,0 I4 Ecoboost, the rumored 2,3 I4 Ecoboost... one engine for every customers taste and money

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Ford have many good engines for the next Mustang: two or three V8 ; 3,5 V6 ; 3,7 V6 ; Ecoboost 3,5 V6; 2,0 I4 Ecoboost, the rumored 2,3 I4 Ecoboost... one engine for every customers taste and money
I don't think the normal 3.5 will be offered in the next Mustang, maybe the 3.7 but who knows its possible the 2.3 could replace it

·
Registered
997 Posts
Why didn't the hardtop convertible return with the Focus? In the past, Ford and Volvo had a version. I would think this or maybe Fusion could make a better Capri rebirth.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If a V6 is offered, and it likely will be, the extra MPG that the 3.5L offers over the 3.7L is worth it especially with the anticipated weight loss. Let Lincoln and the PIs get the 3.7L while the Fords use the 3.5L. If the Mustang 3.7L is getting 19/31 now, the lighter model with the 3.5L could get 21/33 or better depending on other variables.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I don't think the normal 3.5 will be offered in the next Mustang, maybe the 3.7 but who knows its possible the 2.3 could replace it
Not that I know anything, but I'm hoping for a couple ecoboost 4's, a base between 250-300hp, the 2.3 around 350hp, then the big dog 5.0. The little turbo fours put out hp numbers equivalent to the 3.7 v6 and will have a broader, strong torque curve!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was talking to a co-worker who was considering a Mustang, but he couldn't fit a baby seat into the back, and something like this coupe would be perfect for him. Indeed, had I never bought the G8, it would be a good move for me instead of a Mustang. That rendering may have scoops, but it also has FWD proportions, and it looks like a Fusion/Mondeo platformed coupe. Call it Probe, call it Capri, call me should they build it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
They said it would be called Mustang and I would love it that way in Europe. I like the brand name. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts