Ford Inside News banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
My main point again, is that the Mazda straddles between (2) Ford vehicles, and when you select top trim models, with top option package and top engine, AWD, etc. for all the above, the prices are exactly as I retrieved them from their respective sites.

As for getting back to the Escape, I am more than happy to.
Escape has much more power, looks slightly better (no ugly wheels) and costs far less....key word here....comparatively.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
eaves-dropping...

"Our Focus is TERRIBLE for the car seat. I was hoping the Escape would be at least improved but it's not."

..."Try fitting a rear facing car seat back there... ...CR-V, CX-5, Equinox all offer a better space for car seats and kids. That's important in this segment."

"Yup. When we had to replace our Ridgeline we liked the Escape but the car seats wouldn't fit. Ended up with a CX-5 that has plenty of room, even though it looks smaller than the Escape."

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
It's been a while since I used baby seats for rearward, but from what I recall, not all seats are the same. You can easily find a car seat that fits compact cars even.

And the 2017 Escape seems to be quite excellent at car seat convenience,

https://twinmom.com/safe-car/

So there appears to be a bit of misinformation and/or opinions out there.

Ford does however have the advantage of multiple sizes with the Edge fitting in there nicely offering lots of room and power.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
The seat shown above is good up to a certain age/weight. But certain seats are just better for infant protection, then seats with a much broader range of weight. Parents need to ante up for several seats. Their child is worth it. And then at some point, kids want to face forward and you want them to as well. The seat in that pic looks very similar to what we used, and it was quite convenient and idiot proof. I think some designs are not good, and inflate the poorly installed issue.

Anyway, great points. This is a class of vehicle that many young parents prefer. The taller seating makes getting them in and out much easier, than having to bend over in a sedan.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts