Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some odd reason Tesla never pre-publishes their livestream links until the day of the event, but in years past it has been a livestream.tesla.com. Should happen at 8p.m. PST.... so, in Elon Time, 8:40 PST.

Should be exciting.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yo salgo de mi retiro para decir que esto es absolutamente ridiculo! Elon Musk se burla de los consumidores? Es una falta de respeto a la gente plantear algo asi.

Saludos a todos!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
WTF? It looks absolutely horrible, especially coming from a brand that made the Model S, and has done well using smooth forms.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Alrighty well I like Tesla and appreciate what they're doing..... but this "truck" is an abomination. Coming from a former SpaceX engineer...

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Supposedly sci-fi inspired but it looks like a prop from a kid's school play.

Everything has been downhill after the Model S.

The pre-facelift Model S is probably the only legitimate good-looking Tesla.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The 80s sci-fi Blade Runner look was intentional but a good designer can make it look more refined and not look like a poorly-built prop car.
Honestly its the stainless steel imperfections. It's that DeLorean vibe. It's literally supposed to give off a cyberpunk kinda vibe but honestly I really wish they had an additional model in a nice deep black or Navy blue to show what a more realistic and less childish spec might look like up on the stage as well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered a tri-motor version. I honestly can’t wait. The more I see it, the more I appreciate the design. It really takes some serious brass balls to bring this out, and I can’t wait to be hauling lumber in mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is UGLY! Even I can draw one better if I want to. Yet this will sell to the Tesla cool aid drinkers and to people who want to drive something different (but will grow tired of it quickly). Give the the new Rivian R1T instead. Looks MILES better and more usable.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
146,000 people signed up for it by the next day.

You know, if he weren't so smug I could allow myself to like the products.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts

That's really a big part of my dislike for the entire brand, a CEO who is so dam smug and egotistical. His products are good, sure, but i will never even consier them, as long as Musk runs the show. Far too many other great products.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

That's really a big part of my dislike for the entire brand, a CEO who is so dam smug and egotistical. His products are good, sure, but i will never even consier them, as long as Musk runs the show. Far too many other great products.
...it takes folks like that to have the audacity to bring out products like Cybertruck. Tesla wouldn’t be without that arrogance. He fervently believes in the mission. I’m not interviewing a guy to date my daughter, I’m buying a truck. All I care about is the product and where it is made.

Also... pre-orders passed 200k last night. https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1198788116372344832

For comparison, Tundra sells about 110k/yr, Titan less than half that. Not bad. Hopefully that demand fuels Ford and GM to really give it their best shot. (I’m leaving out Rivian because their “bed” is shorter in length than the Cybertruck’s width, 55” to 57”).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Over 200K in orders and counting. My home construction contractor friend hated Cybertruck at the release and badmouth it. He then thought about Cybertruck during the weekend and order it on Sunday, the tri-motor $70K model. He current drives a F150 top of the line model.

I guess Elon Musk is a genius after all! LOL!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts