Ford Inside News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that Ford requires a Fleet Identification Number "FIN" to order Daytime Running Lights on US Spec Vehicles? Option Code # 942 is only $45 but (cannot) be ordered by Retail Buyers? Chrysler, the other US Automaker holdout still allows its US Spec Vehicles to be ordered with DRL`s or be installed at Dealerships? Other then Nissan, Mazda, every other Automaker installs them in US Cars. If you don`t want them on, just allow a switch to disable them!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have a 2011 Fiesta and all I did was ask the dealer to turn them on. I believe it depends on the model.

A lot of fords are now having DRL's as standard but if not ask to have them on.

Also, my DRL's are on all the time and at 100% unlike some which are at a lower percentage, which is why I like led lights in front for the DRL's. I live and travel sometimes over a ferry and in the cold at night u have to turn the lights off but mine are unable to so I have to suffer.

Just and FYI.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback and I had a Ford Dealership enable and activate its DRL`s after my Selling Dealership said it could`nt be done. If your were activated properly using an IDS Programmer and the Vehicles Smart Junction Box, the BCM Body Control Module should have reduced your Low Beams to 80% for DRL and to 100% once you turn on your Headlamp Switch. If you check it out, it will slightly increase brightness once your turn the Headlamp Switch to (on). I was told that since Model Year 2013, Ford has now made it impossible to Enable and Activate DRL`s on US Spec Vehicles using the same program. Can`t verify for sure if thats valid or not.

·
Registered
919 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts