Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Great find Sobe, that Lincoln Continental Coupe is just stunning, but I don't remember reading anything at all about a '66 Continental Coupe. Maybe I'm just used to reading about the '67 Mark III's?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he is the one who should forgive . . . and forget. He works for TATA now . . .

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Great find Sobe, that Lincoln Continental Coupe is just stunning, but I don't remember reading anything at all about a '66 Continental Coupe. Maybe I'm just used to reading about the '67 Mark III's?
Actually, there have been Lincoln 2-door's since before WW II. The Continental, of course in 1939. But there was a Lincoln 2 door sedan model available then too. It became the "Town Coupe" in 1982 when the "Continental" name was given to the small sedan replacement for the Versailles. In 1980 the Mark series, which had been coupes and/or convertibles since the 50's, was suddenly available as a sedan as well. This was from 1980 to1984, I think. As you can see, they were essentially the same things as Continentals, but had different front and rear clips. The central structure and door skins.

So there was, for a time, 3 Lincoln sedans and 2 Lincoln coupes available at the same time. The last "Town Coupe" was 1983 or 1984.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think B.R. is thinking of the fact that Lincoln didn't make any coupes from 1961 until this coupe here in 1966. The 1966 coupe was outstaged by the Continental Mark III of 1967 which was a huge hit.

But you are right, Lincoln coupes have been everything but a rarity.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think B.R. is thinking of the fact that Lincoln didn't make any coupes from 1961 until this coupe here in 1966. The 1966 coupe what outstaged by the Continental Mark III of 1967 which was a huge hit.

But you are right, Lincoln coupes have been everything but a rarity.

Ooops. Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts