Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING: take your blood pressure meds (if ya got 'em) before reading!
"DLO Fail" (DayLightOpening Looney-see) in modern automotive design
The TRUTH About Cars

Vellum Venom: 2017 North American International Auto Show (Part II)
By Sajeev Mehta on February 10, 2017

My long-standing personal vendetta against DLO FAIL — an internet-slang definition of black plastic “cheater panels” — takes center stage in this episode of Detroit Auto Show coverage.

Consider this: if manufacturing and design teams cannot decide on the same roof, if they cheat to make it right, did they design something worthy of the auto show lights?

I
[complain]report, you make the final decision!...

many Many PIX & much Much More...
- - - - - - -
I used the Ifnit QX30 pic cuz just inspected it at our local mini-autoshow yesterday
:facepalm: -- feel free to Tell-or-Show the design"PRO"s how to do it!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lost a reply @ fb But
can't forget one of my main gripes is an over-abundance of black-out ON rear windows (esp hatches)
that cuts down the clearspace to what *seems* barely HALF

re: phoney C-pillar "windows", I almost don't care cuz the frame at the back of the reardoors is frequently so thick
the driver can't see past that anyway
THO the '''style''' of the QX30 zig-zag would be better Left OFF imho
otoh using a bit of trim past the doorframe, like Conti /or/ even the GM Suvs ('Lade/Sierra/Yukon/Alberta/Tahoe/Yosemite/Suburban/etc...) is fine//ok with me

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I really hate the floating roof theme GM has been pushing lately on their new models. In most cases the rear quarter window isn't even a window at all.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The Lexus RX is just terrible looking. It may even be real dark glass, but it just screams 'Stop looking at my ugly grill, and divert your attention this way!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts