Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my BRAND NEW 2012 Ford F250 Diesel truck from a local dealer in Maryland in February 2012. I have had nothing but issues with the vehicle since I purchased it. In November 2012, I was driving down the highway and the truck completely started shaking like all four tires were going to fall off. You could not drive over 25 miles per hour. Every time this happened the vehicle service engine light would appear. After taking it to the local dealership where I purchased the truck and it sitting there for a week, I was told they don’t know what was causing the shaking to happen, but that they did replace the ball joint thinking that was the problem. I picked up my vehicle and headed home less than 5 miles from the dealership it started again, I returned the truck to the dealer and two days later I got a call telling me it was called "THE DEATH SHAKES". They then replaced the Steering Dampner.

Now two months ago, I was driving the truck and it completely shut down on the road. I had the truck towed to the dealership yet again, they proceeded to tell me that my fuel system has been contaminated and that rust was found. I own my own company and have 14 other vehicles that go out on the road on a daily basis, we receive all our fuel from the same company, so if the fuel was contaminated I would have 14 other trucks sitting in the shop also. The truck only has 50,000 miles on it and it cycles through a full tank of diesel on a daily basis. Diesel is a lubricant which takes longer to cause rust. After the dealership contacted the ford hotline for assistance, ford had stated this would not be covered under warranty.

I contacted the hotline myself, and they told me there was nothing they could do for me that this is up to the dealership to handle the situation from there on out. My truck has been sitting at the dealership now for two months, because they are asking me to pay for the replacement for my fuel system for a total of 9,000.00 dollars. The dealership has stated this should be covered under warranty, and still are. I have contacted the corporate liaisons office and they won’t do anything either. I have also contact other local dealerships to find that they have trucks sitting at their shops with the same issues and ford is not covering them under warranty. This issue needs to be recalled.

I purchased a $61,000.00 dollar truck to have it sit in a dealership when I haven’t even used it but two years. I am really disappointed in fords customer service and their professionalism. Things could have been ten times worse and someone could have gotten hurt due to how they make their vehicles.

I have found forums stating my truck isn’t the only one with this issue, so why hasn't there been a recall yet????
I need help getting this truck fixed through warranty; I feel it’s only right to have it covered. I had even purchased the extended warranty... I pay my truck payment and do the maintenance on time, so why can't ford do what their supposed to?

Help me! Thanks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. If Ford needs something that needs to work on, is their service department because it's awful. That said the vehicles in our family are rock solid so it's a shame that you are having these problems in a Built Ford Tough truck. Have you considered summiting the vehicle to the Lemon Law? I don't know if it's eligible but you can check.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm confused. Ford says it's up to the dealer and the dealer says the $9K fix should be covered under warranty, but Ford is demanding you pay? Huh? You have the extended warranty but this isn't covered? Is the fuel system one of the items specifically not covered by the extended warranty? That seems odd but could be. Read your warranty carefully. Hound your dealership owner. If that doesn't work, call Ford's regional rep and demand to meet with him/her. Be very vocal.

I have a co-worker who has had a couple of diesel F250s and has had no major problems with his and loved them. I don't know that either of you are the norm since these are only two stories. I wouldn't let either of your stories affect my purchase of an F250 if that's what I wanted; I'd do a lot research on it and its competition at GM and Chrysler.

Good luck, my friend.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hmmm. A brand-new poster comes to a Ford site with a tale of a bad truck, no introduction, just to hack on a supposed Ford issue.

Nothing suspicious about that at all.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Although I must say for every 1 Ford truck customer who takes the time to discuss a grievance in a forum, there are millions who are busy enjoying theirs.

And I will say this about Ford SuperDuty trucks, or any similar truck, is that the amount of engineering that goes into a product that is so capable and competitive is substantial. People are impressed with a 600 hp sports car, but that is nothing compared to what these beasts can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they are stating its contamination; it’s their way of getting out of paying for something they are causing. After further research I have found they are being sued by one too many people for the same issue. It’s sad how you go out and pay for a 61,000.00 vehicle to not be able to use it. It’s sad how its less than two years old and I’m having to put my money out of my pocket because they can’t seem to put out a recall because they don’t want to spend their precious money and time having a negative impact on their business. I just want my truck FIXED!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 6 other ford vehicles I actually just bought a brand new expidetion in December, and I LOVE IT. But what I dont like is when a multi billion dollar company who sells vehicles that are supposed to be safe to drive, break down in the middle of a highway with children in the vehicle, when a multi billion dollar company refuses to pay for a repair when i purchased an extra warranty; take care of my vehicle; and know that im not the only one having this same exact issue.
I own my own company and rely on good, working, reliant vehicles to make money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Now two months ago, I was driving the truck and it completely shut down on the road. I had the truck towed to the dealership yet again, they proceeded to tell me that my fuel system has been contaminated and that rust was found. I own my own company and have 14 other vehicles that go out on the road on a daily basis, we receive all our fuel from the same company, so if the fuel was contaminated I would have 14 other trucks sitting in the shop also. The truck only has 50,000 miles on it and it cycles through a full tank of diesel on a daily basis. Diesel is a lubricant which takes longer to cause rust. After the dealership contacted the ford hotline for assistance, ford had stated this would not be covered under warranty
Diesel doesn't cause rust.

What is rust: - iron oxides of different colors

What causes rust: -oxygen dissolved in water reacts with iron

What is needed to rust iron: -water must be in contact with metal surface

Maybe one of your fuel tanks used to fill the trucks up is contaminated. Maybe someone is pissed at you and added something to your tank. Fuel filter working ok?
.................and the list goes on

·
Registered
1 Posts
You want to know why I own a Ford? Back in 2003 I was looking for a new diesel truck which brought me to one of the Ford diesel truck forums on the internet. The forum was filled with people who had problems with their new 6.0 diesel engine Super Duty. Now, I kept on following the saga in forum and as the months passed people were getting new engines and new trucks from Ford - at no charge to them! At the peak of the problem, I remember reading that Ford was losing $1 million dollars a day replacing and/or fixing Super Duties. That's why I bought a Ford, because of Ford's commitment to the owners when things went wrong. I've been driving and enjoying my diesel Excursion for eight years and over 160,000 miles. I hope to make it to 300,000 miles, and I don't live in the sun belt. I live in the road salt and snow belt and despite this my truck still looks good.

If there is truly a defect with your truck, Ford will stand behind the product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts