Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading an article in USA Today yesterday, 5/31/13, which reported that Ford is considering bringing the small EcoSport crossover to North America. Sorry, I read the actual paper (yeah, I still read those) so I don't have a link. Is there any FIN news on this matter? I have two words for Ford regarding EcoSport: BRING IT! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts

Ford stated the EcoSport 'could' come to NA, if there was enough demand for that segment. The Nissan Juke has sold a little over 11k units YTD, and but is down 15% for the year over last year, and Buick has been able to move just over 7k units of the Encore YTD with only 3 full months of sales.

With the Escape continuing to grow in size, there really is a market for a small, inexpensive, sporty, lower trim and fun SUV in NA. Like the Suzuki Sidekick years ago. It is launching everywhere, and there is no 'overlap' issue like with the Global Ranger and F-150. So we should get it here.

Here is the link for USA Today

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would love to see the EcoSport in the US. I think Buick problems with the Encore has more to do with the high price tag not the size of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
In the Q/A sesssion today at the May sales media conference, Ford was asked this question, and the answer is No.
But they will monitor the situation, but basically said Ford has no intent to bring the EcoSport to North America.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
In the Q/A sesssion today at the May sales media conference, Ford was asked this question, and the answer is No.
But they will monitor the situation, but basically said Ford has no intent to bring the EcoSport to North America.
but remember, when FoMoCo suits say ANYthing ("Mercury is an important part of our business")
it's ONLY valid for the day spoken

·
Registered
919 Posts
The EcoSport seems good to fill a hole. The escape got a little bigger, Encore is pricey, Juke is pricey do to fuel and not everyone likes the looks.

The EcoSport looks like it would do good here if they priced it at $18k?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to see the EcoSport in the US. I think Buick problems with the Encore has more to do with the high price tag not the size of the vehicle.
Yup. Encore is out of my price range, and I hate the look of that vehicle. At the PIAS in January, I combed over all the so-called small crossovers (CX-5, Escape, etc) and felt they were larger than what we need. C-Max was perfect, but too pricey. EcoSport would be just right: perfect size, affordable, and fuel-efficient.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts