Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight days; One-Fifty, as in 2015 F-150; how it started, progressed and ended in just over a week.

It all started two weeks ago, I had to run to the post-office at lunch, and since my boss was on the road, and the Ford Dealer was “almost” in the path of my return route, I figured I’d stop by, kick a few tires, and maybe harass a salesman or two.

As most of you know, I’ve been leaning towards the new F150 for several years; really dig some of the simple, yet unique features. In my mind the 5.0L was my first engine choice, but intrigued by the 2.7L, since my last F150 had a 5.4L – double the size, 12 years prior.

Once I found out the 2.7L was only available with the shorter 5 ½’ bed, that all but sealed my decision on the 5.0L, since the dealer had a 5.0L Lariat SuperCrew handy I took that for a spin, noticeably “lighter” feeling than my 2013 GMT900 Silverado which is also a Crew-Cab 4x4, not saying it was all mass related, I think it was a combination of the more powerful engine and lighter chassis. (However the difference was more noticeable when I got back into my Silverado to head back to the office, it literally felt like I was dragging something.)

In my conversation with the salesmen, I found out Ford just expanded pull-ahead from 3-months to 6-months; anything between now and March 31st is eligible, the wheels in my head start to turn……..

I loved our Fusion, but after leasing my toy (The Volt) and buying the MKX for my wife’s winter-time security blanket, it was an EXTRA-extra car. Anyway the Dealer I was at had a very light selection of Lariat SuperCrew, and none with the 6 ½’ bed, which is what I was looking for.

Anyway, I didn’t solve much in my visit, but I did learn of the expanded pull-ahead, confirmed my satisfaction with the 5.0L engine and nothing glaringly problematic in my review of the truck overall, so whenever, wherever a F150 Lariat was still the goal.

Then Friday morning, I get a targeted offer e-mail from Ford; $1,000 Bonus Cash, X-Plan compatible (I no longer get A-Plan, since my MIL passed). So now not only do I have loyalty money for the Fusion, I’ve also got the pull-ahead (5 months); and bonus-cash, just like that, stars are aligning………. Game-On, full speed ahead, now all I need is a truck that fits the bill.

Saturday morning I started spot-checking other Ford Dealers between our house and the cabin, where we were headed Saturday afternoon. One had several Lariat’s and a couple of them with the 5.0L and 6 ½’ beds.

I Stopped by on the way to the cabin and had them run the numbers; with all of my incentives; loyalty, bonus cash (targeted offer) base rebate, and another $750 if I finance with Ford Credit, a grand total of $4,000 in rebates, along with X-Plan, roughly another $3,500, about $7,500 total off MSRP, but only the base $500 rebate and my $1,000 bonus offer could be applied to a lease; so the end result was 3 year 10,500/year lease was a painful $577/month with $720 DOD, that is a hard pill to swallow, since the Silverado lease was only $249/month.

Monday I had the salesmen give me a buy price; $48,454.49 (which included tax) but didn’t include $350 for a bed-liner or $95 for All-Weather Mats, the MSRP was $53,435. After a couple days of back-and-forth, I sealed-the deal, I got them to throw in the bed liner and floor mats, as well as knock another $850 bucks off, for a final “OTD” price of $47,600 including the bed liner and floor mats. :yup:

This one had all of my must haves; here is the link to the window sticker: http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1EF5FFC05895

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then just today I finished the rest of my plan; a few weeks ago I bought out the lease on my Silverado from Ally for $27,800 and sold it today for $31,500. :yup:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Great looking truck you got there! Let us know how the FE is with the 2.7 I would love to see some real world numbers on it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great looking truck you got there! Let us know how the FE is with the 2.7 I would love to see some real world numbers on it.
I got the 5.0L - Can't get the 2.7L with the SuperCrew 6 1/2' bed (at least not with 4x4)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I got the 5.0L - Can't get the 2.7L with the SuperCrew 6 1/2' bed (at least not with 4x4)
oh whoops sorry I misread and thought you said 2.7, my bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts