Ford Inside News banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you notice a couple things missing in the Mercury employee pricing ad? It's the "where is the Sable and G.M. cars in the ad". One would think that there are only 2 vehicles in the Mercury lineup. As long as the Sable and G.M. are still in the lineup, shouldn't they be included in the ad? No wonder the sales are down. It's typical Ford. As long as Ford is building the cars, one would think they would advertise them to make money and push cars out the lot. DUMB:confused:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Have you notice a couple things missing in the Mercury employee pricing ad? It's the "where is the Sable and G.M. cars in the ad". One would think that there are only 2 vehicles in the Mercury lineup. As long as the Sable and G.M. are still in the lineup, shouldn't they be included in the ad? No wonder the sales are down. It's typical Ford. As long as Ford is building the cars, one would think they would advertise them to make money and push cars out the lot. DUMB:confused:
I agree Djhogie. I think they should show all of the Mercury vehicles in the ad.

That is the main reason I believe that the new Sable failed. A lack of marketing. Since the Sable made it's return I've only seen 2 commercials featuring the Sable.

Now about the Grand Marquis it really doesn't need any advertising anymore potential buyers already know it's out there and how great it is.

I remember last year around Christmas time Mercury started running Ad's for the Grand Marquis featuring the song "Ain't nothing like the real thing" stating that the Grand Marquis still had Real V8 power, Real RWD, and Real interior comfort for 6. I thought that was one of the greatest Mercury commercials I had seen in years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree Djhogie. I think they should show all of the Mercury vehicles in the ad.

That is the main reason I believe that the new Sable failed. A lack of marketing. Since the Sable made it's return I've only seen 2 commercials featuring the Sable.

Now about the Grand Marquis it really doesn't need any advertising anymore potential buyers already know it's out there and how great it is.

I remember last year around Christmas time Mercury started running Ad's for the Grand Marquis featuring the song "Ain't nothing like the real thing" stating that the Grand Marquis still had Real V8 power, Real RWD, and Real interior comfort for 6. I thought that was one of the greatest Mercury commercials I had seen in years.
You've actually seen the Sable advertised? I have never seen it advertised. The closest thing to an advertisement I have seen is when I sat in one at the auto show in San Diego last year. Maybe they would have sold more if they advertised them.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I'm sure I saw the Sable(or Montego) in a multi-vehicles commercial
& think there was one with just the Montego & *Jill*
but
imho when Fomoco f i n a l l y gets around to bringing out the next all-new Merc (Focus-based or The 'Whitespace'), think it'd be a good time to intro a TV-family for *Jill*...
like have her 'brother' get the MercFocus...
her 'cousin-the-Doctor/Professor' get The Whitespace...
her 'boyfriend' really oughta have a Mariner...
&
it's just a crying shame that they never showed her HOT, jet-setter Aunt (& her debonair Uncle) bringing over a (huge)trunk-full of presents for Crimmas in their MonSABLEtego :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
...think it'd be a good time to intro a TV-family for *Jill*...
There was one commercial a couple of years ago with her chauffeuring some kids around. It was the "classic" Jill commercial. Is she really old enough to have given birth to those kids (probably not) or is she the "good looking, fun loving" aunt just taking them out for a few hours on a Saturday !

Got to keep the public guessing !

The interesting thing about her "character", she has brought thousands of women into the Mercury showroom while keeping the guys interested !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts