1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If ever there was a platform that has overstayed its welcome, this is it. How does a full size have the interior dimensions of a compact in this day and age? Ford should upgrade it, or kill it quick. Its out of place in a Ford's 21st century showroom.
Is Ford's venerable, in demand Panther platform about to ride off into the sunset a little too early?

[URL="http://ads.pheedo.com/click.phdo?p=64&kw=Ford+Motor+Company"]Ford Motor Company
- Ford - Ford Panther platform - Makes and Models - Recreation

More...

·
Registered
306 Posts
If ever there was a platform that has overstayed its welcome, this is it. How does a full size have the interior dimensions of a compact in this day and age? Ford should upgrade it, or kill it quick. Its out of place in a Ford's 21st century showroom.
Spoken like a true Koolaid-drinking, GMC sycophant. The Malibore has no rear seat room for adults and the Impala has the added problem of rear passenger feet being pinned to the floor by front seat occupants - have you tried this? I sat in the rear seat of the Impala and when someone sat in the front seat, my feet were pinned to the floor by the driver's bum that squashed the weak cushion and springs!

The Panthers are a very good product - as good as the once great Caprice and Impala (before they switched to that ugly bloated thing that became the Impala SS/Buick Vomitmaster/Cadillac Barfville.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Its replacement is long overdue. Please do not insult me. I have been civil with you.
Spoken like a true Koolaid-drinking, GMC sycophant. The Malibore has no rear seat room for adults and the Impala has the added problem of rear passenger feet being pinned to the floor by front seat occupants - have you tried this? I sat in the rear seat of the Impala and when someone sat in the front seat, my feet were pinned to the floor by the driver's bum that squashed the weak cushion and springs!

The Panthers are a very good product - as good as the once great Caprice and Impala (before they switched to that ugly bloated thing that became the Impala SS/Buick Vomitmaster/Cadillac Barfville.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Its about time... seriously this platform dates back to the 70s

GM is not better either... they have a few that date back to the 80s

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I agree with the articles refrain: "Yet Ford doesn’t want you to buy one."
&
as a (former) member of the Panther Mafia, agree(d) with: "Why Ford refuses to update the Panther platform for at least one more permutation is mind boggling."
((having made copious rants about "what could've been"))...
...waiting with baited breath for the 2006 and 2009 updates to actually be meaningful updates
( 2006 = Nope -&- 2009 = cancelled afaik )
BUT
imho it is TOOOOOOOO late Now
EvenTho
Fomoco COULD STILL sell a significant number with the 3.5v6 and a BIT of real cosmetic change & overhang-ectomy;
it just wouldn't be the best use of development buck$ - - like it WOULD have been 5 years ago
AND
since Ford doesn't seem to realize continuing to 'sell' vehicles they obnoxiously refuse to update
(akin to not bathing!!!) S.U.C.K.S!
I hope the "CommercialVehicle" & the TC are off the market ASAP!!!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I agree with the articles refrain: "Yet Ford doesn’t want you to buy one."
&
as a (former) member of the Panther Mafia, agree(d) with: "Why Ford refuses to update the Panther platform for at least one more permutation is mind boggling."
((having made copious rants about "what could've been"))...
...waiting with baited breath for the 2006 and 2009 updates to actually be meaningful updates
( 2006 = Nope -&- 2009 = cancelled afaik )
BUT
imho it is TOOOOOOOO late Now
EvenTho
Fomoco COULD STILL sell a significant number with the 3.5v6 and a BIT of real cosmetic change & overhang-ectomy;
it just wouldn't be the best use of development buck$ - - like it WOULD have been 5 years ago
AND
since Ford doesn't seem to realize continuing to 'sell' vehicles they obnoxiously refuse to update
(akin to not bathing!!!) S.U.C.K.S!
I hope the "CommercialVehicle" & the TC are off the market ASAP!!!
No....

The correct thing would have been to build an all new RWD platform in 05 to go against the 300... instead of the flop that was the fivehundred... dont get me wrong the fivehundred was a nice car but it shouldn't have been FWD and it shouldn't have had the 3.0 as its only engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts