Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be good for a flame-war...

Every Compact Crossover SUV Ranked from Worst to Best (1 to 33) - Car&Driver

Born by blending the genetic makeup of the car with that of an SUV, most crossovers aim to seamlessly blend utility and a touch of off-road capability—although one of our entries is the quintessential off-road SUV—with a touch of carlike refinement. In general, they avoid the dismal fuel mileage or unwieldy handling characteristics of the colossal truck-based vehicles that predate their existence. Now the marketplace is crowded with so many of these vehicles that simply sorting through them can be a daunting task. But never fear: We’ve assembled these rankings of the players to help you zero in on which one is right for you...

- - - - - - - - - - -

sorry it's one of those FOUL one-per-page idiocies

anyone wanna add a list?

(I don't even have time to read the darn thing just now :tongue:

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
LOL .... you look at The best midsizers from the same magazine .. and the top three?
http://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/buy-this-not-that-every-family-sedan-ranked-from-worst-to-best#23

3) Fusion
2) Accord
1) Mazda 6 ...

I hear a pattern happening. I wonder whether they did compacts as well and whether the top three are .. Focus, Civic, 3? ;)
These reviews are interesting. They tend to be done by those not the demographic the vehicles are designed for, which is why their #1 choice tends to be the lowest selling model in the segments. The models that missed the target market. The midsize list is no different. YTD, Fusion is over 71k, Accord is over 68k while the 6 is at.....wait...let me find it....here it is....at just over 16k.

The CUVs are no different, CR-V is over 73k, Escape is over 67k, while the CX-5 is....now I have to go all the way down the list again.....found it...at just over 24k.

·
Registered
528 Posts
These reviews are interesting. They tend to be done by those not the demographic the vehicles are designed for, which is why their #1 choice tends to be the lowest selling model in the segments. The models that missed the target market. The midsize list is no different. YTD, Fusion is over 71k, Accord is over 68k while the 6 is at.....wait...let me find it....here it is....at just over 16k.

The CUVs are no different, CR-V is over 73k, Escape is over 67k, while the CX-5 is....now I have to go all the way down the list again.....found it...at just over 24k.
I do not think Mazda missed the segment. I think they are just a tiny brand with a few dealers, and do not have the following of Camry / Corolla. I think overall we see mindless buying decisions "I have been happy with _____ for 20 years, why switch now?" rather than a judgment of Mazda as a brand.

Heck, Subaru also has a tiny sales footprint and I think they know exactly who they are selling to (and are doing a **** of a job of it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts